• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hello

sheps

Warren Scout
im laura and im new, at the end of the month ill be getting a rabbit and i live in a flat and not sure if i should get a hutch or an indoor cage for the rabbit, the rabbit will have access to run around the whole flat just not sure on the living space can anyone help me ?

hi and welcome :wave: if the rabbit will never be shut in then either would be fine as a base, but if bunny will be free ranging then you may not need either? i have a dog crate for my indoor bun but it just has his litter tray in and i use it to attach the water bottle - i think he'd be fine without it! if you'll ever need to confine him then you could use a hutch/dog crate with a puppy pen attached? there's lots of ideas here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?304613-Indoor-Housing

looking forward to seeing pictures of your bunny when you get him/her!

ETA sorry posted at the same time as Fee!

the only thing we ask is... Post lots of pics when your bunny comes and don't hesitate to ask if you're not sure about nothing. I'm useless but others have loads of experience and will be happy to help

fee x

do have somewhere your bunnies can call their own - you'll need two, by the way, one bunny always needs a friend. a dog crate as a base, with free run of your flat (protect your stuff, they chew wood, dig carpets, strip wallpaper, eat any paper they find even if its your bank statement or birth certificate) would be perfect. :wave:

If your rabbit will have free range of the apartment, s/he might not need a base. If there are plenty of safe places for her to hide, then it will be fine.

Back