• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging box?

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
I got indoor buns and am just curious who has a digging box for their buns, what do you use and do you have pictures?

this is what i use

IMG_0610_zps932e4070.jpg

just a high sided storage box from asda and i just fill it with hay and forage :thumb:

Thats exactly the same as mine. Its deep and very seldom does anything make it over the sides. :thumb:

My buns are outside so this may not be of use but thought I would share my idea anyway. :) This is the digging box for my 3 rabbits. It was made out of decking boards! The inside is lined with bin liners and then of course loads of soil! :D We have even buried some tunnels in there and the rabbits like burrowing to find them. :love:

Lovely black earth from the garden (that looks like compost) in a high sided metal oval tub for one pair and the same in a plastic crate for another. Does get a bit messy. Going to try a much deeper plastic box and sand. Oh, just remembered, torn up newspaper and hay in a high sided metal oval tub for the boys.

I bought a sand pit once and even we put holes in the bottom, when it rained a lot, the sand became green and water stayed on top of it. Oh yes and they used it as a toilet also :evil:
Now I have a big plastic box like on the first pic (bigger though) I can put a lid on it. I put play sand in it.

Back