• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing a bunny outside

Ellie-Rose

Young Bun
Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on in a while, started all my exams and got a new job :) so have been busy busy busy! I'd really like Martin to go outside, as he loves it out there:) runs around like a looney! I don't know if its possible to introduce a rabbit to stay outside overnight and throughout the day:)

hi if he is in a secure enclosure when not supervised im sure he would be fine, if not he is open to all sorts of dangers ie foxes, birds of prey, cats etc

Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven't been on in a while, started all my exams and got a new job :) so have been busy busy busy! I'd really like Martin to go outside, as he loves it out there:) runs around like a looney! I don't know if its possible to introduce a rabbit to stay outside overnight and throughout the day:)

My 2 girls live outside, I have run on paving and just ordered a run around tunnel so they have permanent access. I can move my run to the grass when we are home to supervise just in case they dig out!!

I only got my girls in January so we kept them on the front porch, it's unheated but protected them from the worst of the weather, so if you are moving your Bun outside now, will they live out all winter too?

I use a couple of snuggle safes for extra warmth too :)

I'd recommend bonding him to another rabbit too if he's going to be outside all the time. Indoors he has you as company, but outside he won't see you as often and will get lonely.

Back