• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
After losing yuki I dont think I could ever have a blue eyes white bunny again.....

it would hurt to much seeing him/her wishing it was yuki

does anyone else feel this way about certain breeds/colours after losing a bun?

Yes, this is what I'm going through at the moment. Even just reading through threads on here and seeing other peoples buns that look like Pebbles makes me want to cry as it makes me miss him so much. When I went to the RSPCA looking for another friend for Poppy, I went knowing that I couldn't take another white lop, and even just a lop at the moment (however much I adore lops and always wanted a Frenchie) would be too much. But I now have my heart set on another little boy who looks completely different.

I'm normally the same. But when I saw an agouti rabbit who looked just like my very first rabbit who would have died nearly 30 years ago, I had to have him and his brother, so I guess time must be a great healer, in my case a very long time...... I'm going to fetch them from the rspca today!

When my bun passed I got another of the same breed, so she would be of similar size of my other bun :) Both my current and bridge bunnies are blanket brokens, but my bride bun was a tri and current bun is a castor:D

i just cant imagine any other bunny blue eyes looking at me like that again..... she had such love in those eyes

For me, I don't mind if a new bunny looks anything like a previous bunny that I've adopted. Many REW's have lived with me and all have had very different personalities.

With the exception of my first couple of rabbits who came from pet shops, all have been adopted from rescues. I don't care what they look like. If they are unwanted because of their looks, disabilities, behaviour.............I will adopt them.

And all have been an absolute joy to care for.:thumb::love::love:

My heart breaks everyone I see blue eyes white as I feel Yuki should still be her with me

Her disability took her away but seeing another pair of blue eyes station back I don't think I can do it

Awww it can be hard as a constant reminder. :(

I've come across a few buns who look very similar to Leo and Missy since they passed away, I think for me it was a nice little reminder in a way, but I doubt I would own a rabbit that looked the spit of them again. Tabitha who I got on the weekend looks nothing like them though and a breed I've never had and I think a part of me wanted to have something different in my life.

I have just got a blue eyed white and her brown eyed brown sister and I am so totally in love with them. I can absolutely imagine being unable to get similar looking ones again.

Back