• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found some higher fibre muselis

nessar

Warren Veteran
Was on the P@H website looking for the nutrition of their pellets and saw this: http://www.petsathome.com/shop/vita-sport-relax-for-rabbits-600g-by-vitakraft-(online-only)-110503

It says under nutrition that it is 22% fibre... of course this is unheard of in muesli, normally 14% is the highest you get. I can't find the product on Vitakraft's website though, so can't check the nutrition info to confirm. Don't really wanna pay £4.50 postage to check either!

But whilst I was looking for it, I came across these, which are both 17% fibre which again is really high for museli.
http://translate.googleusercontent....3.html&usg=ALkJrhhqmxcNt44n771oak5xAwLtm39YnQ
http://translate.googleusercontent....9.html&usg=ALkJrhgpjvuhHVKZY2Ogt4yeYhdoHMvyfQ

I know some people feed muesli, so I thought I'd let you all know that there are some high-ish fibre ones out there.

It's called "relax" and for use during buns "rest periods" when not in "training"! :? :? makes it sound like it's for athletic bunnies! Am I missing something?? Should I be making my buns practice for the marathon instead of them lazing around in the sunshine..happily munching on hay all day and snoozing when they aren't nomming hay & grass. :lol::lol::lol:

Not sure about that first one but I wouldn't advise feeding the other two because they contain E numbers. I honestly don't believe fibre is that important in a mix as it's such a small part of their diet, I would have thought colourings and additives would do more harm.
For anyone thinking about muesli I'd recommend Rabbit royale which is very natural, mostly grass and flowers with some pelleted food. No added sugars or colours or anything :D

Not sure about that first one but I wouldn't advise feeding the other two because they contain E numbers. I honestly don't believe fibre is that important in a mix as it's such a small part of their diet, I would have thought colourings and additives would do more harm.
For anyone thinking about muesli I'd recommend Rabbit royale which is very natural, mostly grass and flowers with some pelleted food. No added sugars or colours or anything :D

Just wanted to say I think it has some added sugar now, as 'glucose' is in the ingredients.

Yes, I agree, the E numbers don't look good. Although I wonder what they represent, as some natural things have E-numbers too, like citric acid.

It's called "relax" and for use during buns "rest periods" when not in "training"! :? :? makes it sound like it's for athletic bunnies! Am I missing something?? Should I be making my buns practice for the marathon instead of them lazing around in the sunshine..happily munching on hay all day and snoozing when they aren't nomming hay & grass. :lol::lol::lol:

I think it is referring to bunny jumping. P@H are also now selling bunny jumps online by the same brand, and the 'active' version of this food says it is for 'bunny hop' which could easily be a mistranslation from German of bunny jumping.

Just wanted to say I think it has some added sugar now, as 'glucose' is in the ingredients.

Yes, I agree, the E numbers don't look good. Although I wonder what they represent, as some natural things have E-numbers too, like citric acid.
oh right, thanks for the heads up :wave:
They both say "with dyes" so I'm guessing some (maybe all) of the E numbers represent colours.

Thinking about it, I don't even know how bad colours and stuff are for animals, I just never like feeding my animals foods which largely consist of brightly coloured lumps. :oops:

Back