• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nebuliser - how long for and how often?

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
You're probably all getting fed-up with my Furby and nebuliser threads:(

I gave Furby his first nebuliser session earlier but had no idea how long I should do it for or how often. At the moment I am only using saline as I don't pick up the meds until Monday. He is using the mask rather than me putting him in a box and filling this with steam. I thought it would be easier as I couldn't work out how to get the nebuliser tube through the plastic of the box without hurting myself as I don't have a drill.

Is it OK to use the mask for a rabbit? I used the child's one which was just the right size for a Furby. He settled down really well as I was holding him and snuggling and kissing him at the same time. He is deaf so he can't be reassured by words alone. Fortunately, all my bunnies are used to being handled so he is quite relaxed once he is on my lap. He struggles initially because he now associates me picking him up with medication time:(

i just replied on your other thread.. do once or twice a day, for 15mins at least. :wave: we use the box though. i snapped many a box trying to make the hole in the side. :roll: this time my dad used a blowtorch which worked well. not helpful if you don't have one though :? :wave:

gentimicin/genticin? we use this for matt when he needs the extra help. it's good stuff :thumb:

That sounds about right. Just hope the vet has it delivered tomorrow but as it was a Saturday when he ordered it (I asked the receptionist to remind him as he was so busy) it may not arrive until Tuesday.

Back