• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nervous for Mimzy-first vet trip in almost a year-Good news p 17 :)

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
I am very worried for his appointment with his original vet tomorrow afternoon, (she went off to uni in September 2012 and was unable to care for him after that, but has returned to the practice for weekend only appointments recently.) It will be to determine if he needs his teeth burred, how he has done since recovering from his illness, if he is fit to travel long distances and if there are any new health problems we should be focusing on.
He hasn't traveled any distance since late last summer and he gets very disoriented just moving from his xpen to his carrier box. He can sometimes get so freaked out I can hear his heart pounding. He may need an emergency dental and I don't know if he will survive the GA. His hay consumption has been dwindling and I am starting to see smaller eliminations that have me very concerned for him. Our roads are normally so nasty during poor weather, to have taken him any sooner would've been risking all our lives.
If anything goes wrong I will feel terrible thinking his last memories are frightened ones. He used to travel so well, but since the tilt he is a different bunny.
Can I please have vibes that this trip will go well, that whatever happens he will be okay?
He is my soul bun. I don't know what I will ever do without him. :( I don't want to have to find out tomorrow. :cry:
Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Thank you, Natsu :) I'm hoping for the best but can't help being fearful. My poor boy is not a young bun anymore. :(
Will be the first time it about 6 months or more that I have driven into town as well. :shock: I can get pretty anxious because I don't really like doing it.
Getting old myself I guess. :lol:

Thank you everyone :)
Well I'm up and getting my morning rounds done. So very nervous. Woke at 8 with a blinding headache and so just trying to keep busy while I wait for the time we need to leave.
He seems well enough in himself this morning. He is so skittish about being touched since his illness and all I want to do is cuddle him. :(
Just gotta put it all in God's Hands.
I will let everyone know how we did. It's about 11 AM here in Alaska. Our appointment is at 2:30 PM and I'm also taking Jenna in with us as she will help me be calm. Well...in a manner of speaking...:lol:
I am fortunate in that my OH is recovered enough from his dental surgery now that he has offered to do the driving. Thank God. I hate driving. Going out in public is hard enough.
Thank you again for all the vibes. We'll take them with us. :)

Well we're back :)
Surprisingly, Mimzy has been assessed as being in great condition! :D
His vet hasn't seen him since last August. She thought his tilt was much improved, gave him a complete look over and said his heart sounds great. :shock: To say I was happily surprised is an understatement. I truly thought we were going to have to do an xray and find something wrong with it.
She looked in his ears and found them to be quite dirty. He gathers wax like he's planning on growing potatoes. I could've put a wick in one chunk and used it as a candle. :roll:
She cleared them a bit but he was very fidgety, so she will give them a thorough cleaning when she does his teeth in two weeks. We would've taken off the one bad spur on the left lower molar, but the clinic was so booked this evening we'd have had to stay after hours to finish him up. I will be taking all three buns in on May 4 for their checkups and to get Mimzy's teeth burred.
And the real shocker? He weighs 2.2 kg! :shock: I thought for sure he'd be less, he usually comes in around 3 lbs...I am stunned! Must be the pellets. He seemed so thin last year, I feared he was wasting away. Apparently I was mistaken!

All in all, even though he began munching hay in his carrier (yeah...he doesn't eat it at home, sure) and he wee'd all over the exam table, just barley missing my jacket, he did brilliantly and I couldn't be more pleased. :D:D:D

Now to get him through his dental, which my vet seems to be very positive about. That he only really has the one spur after the whole year (he is usually three months needing both sides done like clockwork) is amazing. I am very hopeful for a good outcome.
We both want to thank everyone for their vibes and prayers for Mimzy. They really helped and it is wonderful to have so many of you thinking of him. :love:
Now, hopefully that all this stress is over I can get rid of this loathsome headache that's plagued me all day! :evil:

Back