• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Olly :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Just when he seemed to be perking up again after seeming lonely for about a week, he has gone all sad again :cry: I was beginning to wonder whether getting a friend for him was what he wanted, as he seemed to be coming out of his shell a bit, but he definitely needs company :( I have found a little bun who I think would go well with him, but she isn't neutered yet, so it's going to be at least another month before they could meet. Will he be ok for that long or will he get ill from loneliness? :( I don't want him unhappy, it breaks my heart :cry: we miss our little Honey so much. There just don't seem to be many female buns about, certainly not neutered ones, and with the right personality for Olly.

this is what maisie did after we lost ches. she was really sad, then seemed to perk up a little, then was kind of existing rather than living really. she seemed so sad in her eyes. :( we got eddie after she had been alone just over two weeks, but would have had to wait longer if he hadn't been available and neutered, so i think i would have waited upto a month tbh, but not much more than that, and sooner was better.

it's hard though if there isn't any available. i know every day seems so much longer when you see the remaining one sad. :( but overall i don't think a month is too long really. in the meantime you could just keep an eye out for another bun and get whoever becomes available soonest. i don't think there is much else you can do really. :(

A month isn't so long to wait if it means Olly will have the right partner. I know how difficult it is to see your pet looking so sad..I know I see it in Poppy's eyes (well I think I do :?) and it's so hard as each day passes, especially as they do not understand.

Poor little fella :(

I hope you find him a new friend soon.

Hugs and happiness vibes for Olly xx

Olly is still sad :( he's better if one of us is in his room with him, he comes out of his house and eats hay, but when we're not with him he just goes back in his house :( we have a bunnycam so I know if he comes out. I have put a reserve on the bunny I saw for him, I can't bear to see him lonely. She will be spayed next week and I will pick her up a couple of weeks after that. It's still a long time for little Olly though :( we've been wondering whether to bring him downstairs to be with us in the evenings, but that's easier said than done. He will not be picked up, I would have to get him into his carry box, which will stress him out too. So just don't know what to do really :(

I would bring him down if you can. Doughnut used to hate her carrier, she still does when she has to see the vet but I leave it around all the time and put hay and treats in it so she jumps in and out. Normally hard to get her in when she's going to the vets as she seems to sense I'm desperate for her to jump in.

Olly will only be in the carrier a short time and it will be nice for him to have company. Can you just sit upstairs with him with the carrier and put treats nearer and nearer the carrier. I'm sure he will go in eventually, maybe not tonight but if you leave it there he will get used to it.

At least he will have company soon.

poor olly. i think he would benefit from being around you more. maisie wanted us with her alot. we spent ages just sat with her. she seemed happier just knowing someone was right there with her.

maisie doesn't like getting in her carrier either so i offered it to her and she would get in if she wanted without me having to coax her (very unusual for her) and sometimes she would make it clear she didn't want to, so i took it away again.

just try the carrier and see how he reacts. :wave:

Back