• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Insurance and type of lop *HELP :)

amy knox

New Kit
Hi,
I wandered if anybody could help me :)
I am a new bunny owner, i am looking to get my lovely boy pet insurance (just incase) and hoped somebody could advise me on what the best policy or who other people have policies with?

Also was told when we bought him that he is a mixed lop rabbit, however pets at home did not know what mix he was!! If anyone could help i have attached a couple of pics, i will be eternally greatful!!

Amy :)

welcome to the forum, that 2nd photo is :love:

im with petplan would highly recommened them

id tick crossbreed on insurance forms if he is a mixed :wave:

He looks like a dwarf lop to me - even if he is a cross breed he is clearly some kind of lop and is mostly dwarf by the look of it. In the uk there are dwarf lop and mini lop...in the USA among other places a mini lop is called a holland lop, and a dwarf lop is called a mini lop - so depending on your insurer, if you can't find 'dwarf lop' I would just use mini.

My heather is insured with pah as a 'mini lop' as their website seems to use the USA breed list - whenever I've put in a claim, I just write 'lop' in the breed box and it's never been a problem.

I am also with Petplan, have had to claim and didn't have a problem (only claimed once so far).

Can't help with the breed, sorry.

He is a little stunner though :love:

my Bridge Bunny Floppy looked like your gorgeous boy. he was insured with Petplan and he was marked as Crossbreed, there wasn't any problems with insurance claims due to his 'type'

Thank you all for your help and advice.

Have a policy with pet plan now as a cross breed. Fingers crossed he wont need it... just to make sure though :)

Back