• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Animal Care Lancaster - Lancashire/Cumbria Rescue Shelter

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
I would just like to raise some awareness for an animal rescue shelter in Lancashire. They are very unknown and have a lot of animals needing homes at the moment.

Animal Care is located in Lancaster and finds homes for dogs, cats, rabbits and other small pets. It is a lovely place, the animals are all very well looked after and cared for. Lancaster is pretty much in Cumbria, so it's not too far for people in Cumbria either.

The lady who looks after the rabbits is absolutely fantastic, she knows a lot about rabbit care and is keen to make sure that you do too. She knows if you are a good rabbit owner, which is great for people on RU. You don't have to have homechecks, as long as you can provide photos of your setup and one including you and the setup (to prove that it is yours). You can visit just to look around the rabbits, even if you aren't thinking of adopting.

Currently they are overrun with rabbits, with around 30 waiting to find homes, they list all of their pets on their website and they keep it very up to date.
So if anyone is thinking of rehoming a rabbit (or another pet) and they live in the Lancashire area, or Cumbria, it is definitely worth having a look.

The website: http://www.animalcare-lancaster.co.uk/content/rabbits?page=1
(If that doesn't work just type in Animal Care Lancaster in a search engine). :)

Last edited:
Why did you do this :lol: i have fell in love with Summer :roll::love::love::love:

I've been to see the rabbits twice in the last couple of weeks and have had a look at Summer both times. :lol:
She's adorable, she is such a cutie, but apparently quite territorial. Both times I've tried stroking her she has been absolutely fine though. I would have seriously thought about getting her, but she's too small for my giant. :lol:

Back