• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for protecting rubber window seals

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone got any neat solutions? Would like to put the ottoman back in the spare room for storage but need a way to stop Smudge from eating the rubber seals on the windows as they can get up to the windowsil from there. I don't mind them getting up there but I don't want him eating the rubber! For his safety and for the windows safety!

I was thinking of some sort of wooden ledge that is a few inches high that slips in, it's only the bottom part he nibbles on. Or maybe simply lowering the voile slightly so that he can't get behind it but I'm not sure that would work as it's more or less level with the sil anyway.

No advice, but if it's any consolation our rats are also obsessed with the rubber window seals. They sniff at them and try and chew them.

I can't quite picture it, got a pic? If it's like our windows I'd probably get a strip of perspex and use double sided sticky tabs to pop it across the frame so they couldn't get near the trim. Or you might be able to get a bit of wood trim the right angle to cover and do the same thing.

I can't quite picture it, got a pic? If it's like our windows I'd probably get a strip of perspex and use double sided sticky tabs to pop it across the frame so they couldn't get near the trim. Or you might be able to get a bit of wood trim the right angle to cover and do the same thing.

Persprex idea sounds good, will take a pic tomorrow :)

Back