• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Too good to be true?

Janey

Warren Veteran
Following Poppy's death I knew I had to bond Peter and Pixie, however, I havent had the time nor the mental strength to do it as it just seems to signify the fact that Poppy is no longer with us.

Anyhow, Ive gone about it completely wrong by not neutralising etc as when I was cleaning them out I let them run around the room they have been sharing (Pixie is normally in a NIC cube cage) just to see what happened. And they seem fine, a brief period of chasing and humping but they are currently munching hay and hopping around as I'm sat in the lounge listening to them.

It all seems a bit too easy but Petey is very laid back so I'm hoping I may have been very fortunate.

Some buns just bond instantly without any problems. I'd just keep an eye on them and see how they go. They may need a neutral "base" though, as they may become territorial over their individual bedrooms, if they have them.

Some buns just bond instantly without any problems. I'd just keep an eye on them and see how they go. They may need a neutral "base" though, as they may become territorial over their individual bedrooms, if they have them.

Yes, it was the neutral area which I was having issues with as they are pretty much free range and I don't have the energy to neutralise the whole flat :roll:

Just checked on them and they were happily grooming. I feel awful because although I know they need friends and are rabbits and so don't have emotions like us, I just feel like Poppy is forgotten. Ridiculous I know :roll:

Well they were left together all night and seem fine. A little bit of grunting over a cabbage leaf (Pixie has never had to share food) but is far that's all that has really happened.

I'm not sure who's in charge, she does the humping and the grooming :lol:

fb525a45dcf7e9dbf0cfabf7adbb9018.jpg

:love:
Its not ridiculous at all. You've only just lost her, but your being pushed to move on for the sake of your buns. You're doing right by them, and you'll never forget your lovely Poppy. (((hugs))) xxxx

Back