• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've just recieved a condolence card from my vets...

A lovely card hand written saying " All of our thoughts are with you for the very sad loss of Pebbles"

I don't know how to express how I feel at the moment...it is such a lovely thing to do ...I certainly didn't expect it. Is it usual for vets to send condolence cards for the loss of a bun, or do you think they thought he was special too?....I'm in tears again now..but not so much sadness....

Aww!

Our vet sent us one after Dill was PTS - he'd had a long battle & both the vets he regularly saw came and said goodbye to him. Brownie passed at the emergency vets quite suddenly so that was a bit different - she'd previously had a long battle with head tilt/EC but it was a different vet who had treated her.

It's lovely when vets do it, but I cried every time I saw the card for several weeks. I meant to send a thank you card to them but everytime I tried to write it I cried and couldn't see! :oops: Must get round to it soon......

I got a card similar from Inca's Acupuncturist and I thought that the vets should do the same. Your vets are clearly more thoughtful :)

our vets sent one when we had our cat PTS last year :cry:

our vets are really lovely they also gave mum a piece of hair to keep and didnt rush them out the surgery after it had been done, apparently even the vet had a few tears after it had been done

so many people think "but it was just an animal" but for anyone who owns a pet they become another member of the family so little things like that at a tough time just make things a little bit better

My mum said they only send out cards to those who have spent £1000 on a bun :lol: If only she knew how much I'd actually spent on him...more like £2000...she would have gone mad!

But Pebbles was worth every penny..I saved his life ..I gave him a life and I gave him love and happiness and I like to think that my wonderful vet could see that too!

I doubt that vets would send a condolence card for every animal, maybe it's the ones that they care about too? It was a lovely gesture though :love:

When my previous bun Thumper died at the hospital the vet who tended to him sent me a condolence card too - that was 7 years ago! I remember being very touched and crying when i read it in the office quietly. Definitely a very nice gesture to know that they ubderstand how much Pebbles meant to you.

Awwwww, that's lovely, they obviously knew what a special boy he was.

We have had them in the past for cats who have spent a lot of time at the vets and we were known well to the practice.

I haven't had one for Poppy, if you get a card for spending £1000 I'm owed at least 5. :lol:My vets is a very big practice and I don't find it very personal at all.

Last edited:
when i had a bun put to sleep for flytrike they sent me card and were so lovely- i was in such a state at the vets they let me go in another room and cry my eyes out i was so embarrassed:oops:

it must be hard as a vet when they see the pain owners go through when pets are pts. i think it shows feeling on their part. *hugs*

It's a lovely gesture isn't it. Yes I've had cards both for Santa who died at home and Harry who was pts at the practice, they obviously get everyone to sign them because it takes about a week and has all the vets, vn and reception staff signatures...but is written with a personal message so clearly not a stock set of pre-signed cards. I don't know if they do it for everyone, I don't really have a sense as to how often they do it.

That is a lovely gesture. My vet has sent flowers and cards in the past but I don't know if he does that for everyone as he and I are also friends.

Back