• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Searching for a bun..

Nova

Young Bun
So, since my beloved Boon left for the Rainbow Bridge in March, I've grieved, and now I'm empty. His bonded mate, Phenom, is so very picky. I didn't think she'd bond to him-- but Boon was always so irresistible to the ladies, they fell in love, of course. Unfortunately, she lost another mate just before him during a routine neuter surgery. (Don't even ask, the vet was not rabbit wise and neither was I at the time).
Very sad and empty feeling lately.
But I know Boon will never again have a tummy ache, be poked, prodded and enema'd. I know he's hopping around over the RBB now.

I'm looking for a young, dwarf sized bun, with either Hotot markings or perhaps a little orange or fawn colored boy.... but most of all... a very friendly and affectionate personality! Seems those are the types of guys that my little Phenom likes. ;)

I'm in the US.

I'm just not finding anybun that fit the criteria, except a few buns through the rescue Bunny World Foundation, but they are on the other side of the US in California. I'm in Pennsylvania. :\ They said it was definitely too far, and that's understandable.

Just feeling so very empty, and I think Phenom is ready for a friend. Boon wouldn't want her to be lonesome.

I know how hard it is, having just lost my Pebbles after such a battle to keep him with me, but now I need to think of Poppy's needs and know she needs another friend in the future too.

Have you contacted all your local rescue/sanctuaries? Just tell them you are looking for a single male, and ask them to call you when one comes in. I know with my local rescue that they usually pair up singles before adopting out, but if a rescue was to know your situation they may keep you in mind.

If you don't have any any rescues in your immediate area, then I would call rescues that are further afield but are still within your ability to get to easily (if this is possible) and ask them to take your name and details.

Hopefully the right bun will turn up soon.

Oh Nova, I'm sorry you're having such a time. :(
I echo what was already said, there may be a rescue or sanctuary in your area that has a bun. I know you are thinking of a specific type of bun, but do be open to the possibility that Phenom may pick her own husbun. You were afraid that the hothot breed may have genetically been predisposed to the condition that Boon had and I know you wouldn't want yourself or Phenom to go through that again.
I hope for all the best for you in your search. Sometimes we just know it's the right time to welcome another wee one into our lives. :)
How have you been feeling? I know you had been very ill yourself during Boon's struggles. I hope now you are doing well. (((((((((Hugs)))))))))) xxxx

Back