• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blast from the past, pic heavy!

Hele

Warren Veteran
I've shared piccies of my buns, but I just came across some piccies of my first buns :love: and thought I'd share!

We got Nibbles when I was about 9 or 10 after begging for a bun for years. We'd had piggies for years so weren't totally clueless but...

My parents had alway said 'no' but one day they popped into p@h to get some piggy food and saw a real cutie, they came home and told me that I could have a rabbit and off we went to the shop :p they let me choose and only later admitted that seeing nibbles was what changed their minds. I will always remember the first time I saw him, it was back when buns and piggies were kept together and he was flopped out will a piggie sat on his back.

We brought him home in his 'starter hutch' and probably spent less than a month in it before my parents realised that it just didn't seem right. Mum researched, found the rwaf and we joined a 'hopper group' where we met up with like minded bunny people and had a good time! Nibbles went from a less than 4ft hutch to having the conservatory as his room and free run of the whole of the downstairs when we were in, he had 3 litter trays and was a very tidy bun.

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

We adopted him a rescue wifey bun and although we needed help with the bonding and it wasn't quite love at first sight! They loved each other, she was called Delilah when she arrived but we changed it to Jemima, our little Gem :love: as you can see she was a bit on the podgy side having been cooped up in a teeny hutch all her life, so it was decided that we would wait for her to slim down before spaying. We now know that that was the wrong choice and we lost her to uterine cancer... But she had a happy few years with us and Nibbs

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

After we lost her Nibbles relaxed into an old man, before his time but he made it clear that he wanted to stay as a single bun, he had loved Jem but she had plagued him at times, he was more than happy with our company!

IMG_2472.jpg

He was my lovely bumpy baby bunny :love:

Last edited:
Squee! :love: Actually did a double take, he looks so much like Olly! :lol:

I know, he makes me do a double take and then smile every time I see him.,I was so glad when he was adopted by someone on here so that I could see pics! :love:

When I first saw him as snoopy my heart melted! :love::love::love:

Back