• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Addy the Adventurer is aptly named....

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
A few days ago on a mouse forum someone started a thread asking how people got nice photos of their mice.
Several people said they had found putting the mouse on an upturned wine glass was very good as the mice couldn't go anywhere and would usually stay quite still due to the surface having no grip.

"great!" I thought. "couldn't be easier", I thought.
So I got my wine glass, placed it upside down on the table, got my least skittish mouse and put her on the end of my wine glass.

She looked straight at me (and I managed to grab one out of focus shot)
00_zps158dc08f.jpg

Then she turned around.
00a_zps6b440ccb.jpg

And promptly left the wine glass.
012_zps26ab7a7e.jpg

022_zps57e2b999.jpg

02a_zpsbdc20723.jpg

:lol:

I tried it with the other mice but they both found the surface slippy and basically froze with nerves so I didn't think it was fair to try and take photos. Addy clearly has no fear!

I have the same problem with my chocolate coloured hamster "SOX" trying to get him to pose is a nightmare ,the fact my couches are brown too doesn't help.I always end up with a blurry brown blob.:lol:

"Sox" escaped two days ago (well actually I'd left the cage door open after feeding him,he has three levels and three doors.:oops:)He was "free" for about two hours ,the light was off in the living room and I was watching TV lazing on the sofa,I heard the sound of rodent gnawing behind the sofa and I first though we have mice! I put the light on saw the cage door open and realised "Sox" was at large....under the sofa.

All it took was me shaking his box of treats and saying in a daft high pitched voice "Treats,treats,treats!" for him to amble out into view and get captured and put back in his cage with some of the treats.:lol:

:lol::lol: My girl (Ferdinand, after Ferdinand the bull) once got under the bath. I called her name and (after what seemed like a very long time) a sleepy little head poked out and she climbed into my outstretched hand for her treats. :love: A chocolate hamster sounds lovely. Ferdi was grey with bits of cream.

Sox has a thin white stripe on his underbelly and round his front paws..hence his name.When I bought him he looked black,you had to peer at him to see his dark eyes,he's now now 15 months old.:)

Aawwwww :love:
She is cute, and little mousey tail :love:

I do love adventurers, they always get up to things that are fun to watch.
However today one of my boys leapt from my hand when I was about to put him back in his cage, he then ran over my shoulder and clung onto my t-shirt right in between my shoulder blades so I couldn't reach him!
I had to go and sit on the bathroom floor and wait for him to climb off so I could get hold of him again!!

Gonna have to try this with my mice - I have a feeling Dorothy will behave much as Addy did :lol:

Back