• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My DIY project.......transforming a small nasty hutch into a hayloft (pic heavy)

Tracy

Warren Veteran
This nasty little hutch was handed in at Kirkby rescue, complete with its poor occupant. :(

Rather than smash the hutch up, I took it home as a DIY project and here are the results.

From this :(

Hayloft_01.jpg

To this, a hayloft for my trio of little bunnies. :D

We used the door to make the little step.

Hayloft_02.jpg

There was a lot of interest in the step

Hayloft_03.jpg

And a fair bit of crawling under the step

Hayloft_04.jpg

Saffron pondering

Hayloft_05.jpg

The excitement is too much for Pepper, he's gone for a lie down.

Hayloft_06.jpg

Nutmeg...there must be a way up there?

Hayloft_07.jpg

Sulking because she can't work it out.

Hayloft_08.jpg

Saffron, getting there slowly. :roll:

Hayloft_09.jpg

YAY!!! First one up. :D

Hayloft_10.jpg

Fanatastic. :thumb:

I love the way the buns are squeezing themselves under the step, such a clever idea to make it from the door.

Gorgeous bunnies. :love::love::love:

Aw that's brilliant! I love the sulky face :lol: and the last pic she looks like she's sulking even more sat underneath while the other one has worked it out :lol:

That is really fab, it looks lovely now. Such a great way to recycle and make something positive about something nasty.

I want a hayloft hutch. Inspiring. Oh my GOD what lovely lovely sweet lovely little wabbits you have :love:xxxxxxxxx:love:

You've done a great job! :D
The bunnies are so cute! :love::love::love:
Are they the babies that you were fostering for Kirkby?

Wow that looks fantastic, you and your OH have done such a lovely job. Your buns are gorgeous as well :love::love::love:

Thanks everyone :wave:

You've done a great job! :D
The bunnies are so cute! :love::love::love:
Are they the babies that you were fostering for Kirkby?

Yes, they are the ones who were orphaned at 4 weeks old and I fostered them just until they were a bit older and stronger. That was almost three years ago. :lol:

They were a foursome, but sadly we lost Cinnamon to acute pasteurellosis in December 2011. The other 3 were seriously ill too with pasteurella in their lungs, but they managed to pull through.

Back