• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A very sad day

avjones1704

Young Bun
This morning me and my boyfriend got home to find that our little Oliver has passed away. It's truly devastating as he was absolutely fine yesterday, he had a lovely set up, he had unlimited hay, he had monthly check ups at the vets so we are very shocked! Luckily Matilda seems to be unphased but we don't know what to do with his body! With our last rabbit we took him to be cremated but for some reason the vets are closed today (just our luck). So he's just laid all wrapped up in a towel sleeping :(

So sorry to hear this. What a horrible shock. :(

You might be able to get a different vets to do a cremation for you, if you have another one locally.

So sad :(

Do you have a pet crematorium local to you that you can take him yourself? Just checked and there is one in Durham if that is close to you, it is actually the same company as the one near my home town.

oh no. thats such a surprise that he has gone so suddenly without any warning. im so very sorry for your loss. do you think you will have an examination of what happened to him? its just so peculiar especially if you had regular monthly checks. you were the best prepared for anything it sounds. truly heartbroken for you. you certainly gave him the best life he could have. binky free little one. xxx

So sorry :cry: Poor little Oliver.. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved bun and my thoughts are with you. (((((hugs))))

I would call another vets or a pet crematorium directly. I know my local one collects from your home the same day.

Thank you everyone, luckily we found somewhere which would do it for us :) it's such a shame as it feels so unfair! We did absolutely everything we could for him and doted on him every day, I asked the vet about the possible causes and they said maybe a heart attack or an undetected tumor. It just seems so odd how he was absolutely fine! It seems so weird not having him out and about running around us!

Oh I am so sorry. What a shock. They are so precious aren't they? Hope your Matilda isn't too upset...

sorry to hear this sad news... Binky free Oliver and special noserubs to Matilda...

fee xxx

Oh I am so sorry. What a shock. They are so precious aren't they? Hope your Matilda isn't too upset...

They really are. She seems quiet and she keeps looking in little hidey holes we have made for them as if she's looking for him! It's hard to know what to do now as we don't want to replace Oliver yet but feel that we don't want Matilda to be lonely!!!

I'm so sorry :'(

If you ever have another animal pass, you can wrap them up and put them in the freezer if you have space until you can get them cremated.

I take it they are both up to date with their jabs? I think sometimes, we'll never know the cause even if we've done everything right!

Back