• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alternative to run around pipe/ tubing

AnneGibson

Warren Scout
Hi can anyone help suggest an alternative to the runaround pipe tubing?
OH has built the housing part of the Bunny palace and we have mesh to make the outdoor run part but have spent rather (cough cough) a lot already.
I wanted to see if there was a cheaper alternative to the tubing part of a runaround system that we could adapt?
Thanks Anne

The problem with creating your own is that the attachments to hutch/run are likely to not be predator proof. If you're willing to take that risk, go for it. But be aware that by the time you buy whatever you're going to attach it with and build the connection, it will likely be near as much as a runaround setup.

I've had my runaround for 2 and a bit years and I love it. It's so easy, and still absolutely safe years on. The bendy tube means I can move it all over the garden.

I guess it depends on your setup. The only time I'd use non-runaround pipes would be if I was going to bury some underground.

Think I will be going for the runaround, the connection kit 1 is fine for what I need so I reckon for the price of that and the price of buying stuff elsewhere and messing with it for me the runaround is very appealing!!

Thanks for the info. I will have to be able to connect/ reconnect on a regular basis so I can see advantage of the run around. I've lost chickens to foxs before so safety is paramount.

Thanks for the info. I will have to be able to connect/ reconnect on a regular basis so I can see advantage of the run around. I've lost chickens to foxs before so safety is paramount.

It's a difficult one. I had the same problem as you when I was decided on whether to get it or not. It does seem like a lot of money to shell out on it, but I have never regretted it. I have a feeling if I'd have made my own setup I'd be constantly having to fix things, faff with things etc.

I went through the same thought processes and I went for runaround, I've got 2 setups and it was so easy to fit, and the inside of the pipe is ridged so the buns can grip, I don't think normal builders pipe is ridged. I'm very pleased with it ( and so are the buns :lol:)

Back