• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Perhaps the worst designed rabbit hutches I have seen.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
I found them on a very well known site - not ebay. I didn't want to post the links so I have uploaded the pictures instead. I am really shocked at the first one. The second one is a poor copy of an eglu without the attachment.

This one is only 100 cm wide.

that first one is listed under rabbit hutches? :?:shock:

Sadly it was advertised as an indoor rabbit cage.

The exact description is:-

Seconds bargain - indoor rabbit cage XXL Tall Felix 100 cm Double Rabbit Cage

In the description it says ideal for rabbits or ferrets.

Last edited:
The first one is definitely designed for gerbils. I don't think a rabbit would even fit in it :shock:
I'm planning a new set up so I was searching for hutches earlier and some of them are truly shocking.

No way! Although I wouldn't put it past people, if you have a look at customers chinchilla cages/rat cages, you'll see a few rabbits in them :(

The second one looks like it would make a fun looking shelter, but a home? :cry:

:(
Unbelievable. I've seen it several other places as a hamster/gerbil/mouse cage. :(

I don't have a hammy at the moment but the first picture looks like it would make a great hammy home. The second one looks like the carrier I take the buns to the vet in (and I feel bad about shutting them in for just that short time but it's the biggest carrier I can get in my tiny car).

The second one is called The Bunny Pod. Selling at £149.00.

The first one designed for a mouse or gerbil makes sense. How could someone be so clueless to advertise it as a rabbit cage ?

Well to be fair rabbits do burrow...not that it excuses putting them in such a stupidly designed cage:/

The second one looks like a transport cage. Its just so silly looking.

Always makes me laugh when something that size is stated as XXL :roll::evil:

Seriously???? OMG!!!! There's no way I'd home a rabbit in either of them. The first one is more like a gerbil/hamster type cage and the second one looks more like a carrier.

My live chat about the 1st one.....pointless probably!

Me:I am concerned over a item for sale on your site. Click here is listed as a rabbit cage when this is clearly a gerbilarium. Unknowing people could buy this and subjedt a rabbit to living a life in a gerbil cage! I did try to contact the seller but I don't know how to.

Ajith Kumar:Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk. My name is Ajith. May I know your name, please?10:56:03

Me:Kirsty

Ajith Kumar:Thanks, Kirsty. Are you a seller?

Me:Yes, I am, but I am not the seller of this item. Are you looking into the query

Ajith Kumar:Yes, Kirsty. Thanks for waiting. I can understand your concern. I'll forward this to our appropriate department to make this corrected.

Me:I just feel that it is basically false advertising, it is like me selling a 2 bedroom house and listing it as a 10 bedroom. Will I be informed of the outcome? How long should it take?

Ajith Kumar:I do agree with you, Kirsty. We will not be update you with the out come. It will be investigated and the changes will be made on our website.

Me:Why will I not be updated with the outcome? I feel that as it is a concern of mine then the result from your investigation should be brought to my attention, I am not best pleased at that response to be honest.

Ajith Kumar:After the investigation it will be updated on our website. You can check this in the website.

Me:So, what if after your investigation you decide to just leave it as is? How would I know that the investigation had finished? Because if it was left as is then I would complain again?

Ajith Kumar:We will update you once the investigation is over. Please give us 2 to 3 business days for this.

Me:Thank you. No problem

Ajith Kumar:Thanks for your understanding.

Back