• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bought one now:)

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
As title really:)

Furby has pasteurella and I think a nebuliser may help with his breathing but have absolutely no idea where I can get one from. Not sure if it is something I can borrow or if it would be too difficult to clean afterwards.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I just want to help my little man feel better.

Last edited:
We use a nebuliser for one of our bunnies, I think mine came from amazon, have a look, if your bun is anything like mine, he/she may need it long term so may well be worth you buying one, hope this helps :)

Had no idea you could buy something like that on Amazon. I will have a look. Thank you so much.

Are the nebulisers bunnies use the same as the ones humans have? Don't want to get the wrong thing.

Had no idea you could buy something like that on Amazon. I will have a look. Thank you so much.

Are the nebulisers bunnies use the same as the ones humans have? Don't want to get the wrong thing.

You could pm michg she is a vet nurse and has a bunny she nebuluses. Also I think Santa bought a good One from boots

Have been looking at nebulisers on the internet and there is a bewildering choice. I have no idea what would be suitable for Furby - or even if it would help him at all, but I want to try.

It sounds awful but the cost is a factor. I am currently only working a few hours here and there but not on any sort of benefit and financially I am struggling. Furby's vet bills have been a drain too.

I'm not saying Furby won't get what he needs - I have an overdraft facility and a credit card I can use - and hopefully have some reasonably paid work starting in September. I want to get him a nebuliser that is good for bunnies but don't actually understand how they would work for a rabbit. He would totally freak out if I held a mask over him even though he is used to being handled.

I also noticed in the list of parts for one of them that there was something in latex. I have a latex allergy but could put on my non-latex gloves before handling the nebuliser but it would be better to have one without latex in case I forgot.

I am going to try Furby in some steam from the kettle. I will go under with him as my asthma is quite bad at the moment anyway and he will be more relaxed if I am stroking him. The trouble I am finding is that every time I clean his nose, give him his drops and/or injection he gets so stressed his breathing really deteriorates. When he is calmly sitting in his hutch or run I can't hear him struggling to breathe at all.

I believe I have seen one at the CRRC. If you phone on a weekday and talk to Claire I am sure she will try to help with advice if she can. Or I can ask about it when I am there tomorrow?

Lots of love to your little man xxx

This is what I bought for Grimlock:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Omron-NE-C28-UK-CompAir-Nebuliser/dp/B001UGEQT4

I think it's helped his so much with his snuffles, I can't recommend it enough. I just attach that beaker to a carry case with a water bottle clip and the nozzle pointing through and cover the whole thing with a towel. I use saline solution from the eye care section of boots, their own brand sterile stuff. I also have F10 and a decongestant that I add to the saline solution (not together).

I got mine from Amazon and it wasn't expensive.

You have to clean the useable parts in between sessions anyway so borrowing one shouldn't be a problem if there is someone local who can let you have the use of theirs. I am afraid I can't lend you mine as I'm using it for Mumma and Aunty Goose.

I'm sorry to hear that Furby is poorly. So many bunnies with respiratory problems this year - never known anything quite like it before.

I hope it helps Furby.

Back