• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So the bunnies hate me...

Larilie

Young Bun
I'm freaking out a bit. They seemed to suddenly decide that pellets which they went absolutely nuts for (literally falling over each other nuts) until Oreo had her teeth problems weren't nice any more. But I've been watching them and they do eat them... As long as I am not giving them to them. They're eating everything but only if I have as little to do with it as possible. They seem to be drinking the same and eating maybe a tiny bit less hay but they just won't come near me. I haven't tried to pick them up at all since Oreo's last dose of metacam on Sunday afternoon. I thought maybe it was my smell but I haven't changed soap or shampoo, no new clothes. I've wracked my brain over it. When they came home they didn't seem too bothered. They weren't wild about pellets but I thought that was because Oreo's teeth had been hurting and Hobnob was worried. They came in, she ran right into their bedroom and he literally stood guard at the opening.

I haven't changed anything. I still sit with them for an hour or more in their run every day. I still feed them the same. Im pretty sure this time last week they were hopping up on my legs and tickling my nose with their whiskers. Is it because they think I abandoned them at the vets? We're phoning them back tomorrow but I'm not sure... I don't know what to do. They only saw the vet on Monday, if they were ill wouldn't it have been picked up when they got checked over? I've tried their favourite things, changing toys in case they're bored... I'm out of ideas. I'm sorry. It's horribly selfish but I can't think. I want them to like me.

Sorry if this is one long whine. I just... Does anyone have any ideas? Anything at all?

Out of my 10 rabbits only three of them actually come to me for a cuddle or for company, the rest would far prefer that I feed them, clean them, give them a head rub when it suits them, and to clear off at all other times.

I take pleasure from sitting back and just watching them be rabbits!

I know rabbits can sulk, it is very easy to insult them:D They are probably miffed at you for them being at the vets and it can take quite a few days to return to normal.

My housebun is normally very affectionate, he spends a long time every day grooming me:thumb: licking any available exposed skin. when we took him to vets for nail clipping, he kept kicking his feet at me after we got home and would turn his back on me whenever I went up to him and glare at me over his shoulder, it took a few days for him to return to normal.

funny bunnies!

Having the same problem with my Harry.Hes been on ear and oral meds for nearly 12 weeks and vet visits weekly(no progress:( )and hes now terrified of me.I hope if he recovers he will forgive me.He used to be so affectionate.

Thank you! Big sigh of relief. I knew bunnies sulked but I wasn't sure what it looked like until now. Hopefully they'll come round soon,

Sending lots of hugs and vibes for Harry. I hope he gets well soon, if not sooner.

They'll be a thread somewhere about Lola hating me. I came in one night and she was terrified, wouldn't come near me for a couple of days. She gradually got back to her old self. Some days She sulks, doesn't want to cuddle or anything - strangely, it seems to happen on a Sunday night Monday morning, I joke that she's doesn't like Mondays :lol:
I like to be able to handle her, for nail clipping, incase I ever have to give meds etc, but if she runs away when I try to hold her, I just let her sulk it out :wave: don't worry too much.
Maybe this wind has disrupted them? Lola is on edge a little tonight and I know its the wind she can hear x

Back