• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I reading this right?

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
IMAG2647_zpsf1b37dee.jpg

"Must be 6 months old before feeding" I didn't know hay had a ready age! Learn something new everyday!

Some of the things in this Rabbitlopaedia is just :shock: First published in 2000 and republished 2002, 2003 & 2004, things have come on so much but I guess people will buy books like this as first time owners looking for advice.

The long stands of hay bit, is that possible? To get wrapped around their paws? Because mine love long strands and don't usually go for mega short bits!

i think it means the hay has to be 6 months old? so its properly dried and not got the risks of lawn clippings etc?

not sure about the long strands thing, i suppose it could happen in theory! we were told not to give our chickens hay for the same reason. but rabbits are supposed to have long strands right? :shock:

:shock: I'm surprised Hopscotch hasn't made a noose around his neck with some hay if this is something to believe, he always shoves his head right in :lol:

i think it means the hay has to be 6 months old? so its properly dried and not got the risks of lawn clippings etc?

not sure about the long strands thing, i suppose it could happen in theory! we were told not to give our chickens hay for the same reason. but rabbits are supposed to have long strands right? :shock:

Yeah I edited it so it made more sense :lol: as I read it back it looked like I meant a rabbit being 6 months old, although it does seem that way a little doesn't it?! I never knew that, but I buy it online so never really though about it :lol:

I think Donny would be really upset if I cut up all the long stands:shock: the hay for pets hay is 80% long stands anyway :lol:

:shock: I'm surprised Hopscotch hasn't made a noose around his neck with some hay if this is something to believe, he always shoves his head right in :lol:

:lol: Leo is the same, I like him to eat the long stands too because of his teeth!

Back