• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Smoo has another abscess. UD post 20, even worse :(

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Under her ear. :cry:
So gutted.

She just wants cuddles to make her feel better and I've been so busy with work and the shop. I just want to stay at home and cuddle her and Grim. I hate them being ill so much and now it looks like both of them aren't going to get better.

Oh Jenova, I'm sorry to see this. :(
Will send prayers and vibes that something can be done to help Smoo and keep her and Grim comfy.
It really isn't fair that you and they have had to endure so much illness. :cry:
Thinking of you all ((((((((((Hugs))))))))) xxxx

Poor Smoo. :( I hope you can get rid of it. Sending her millions of vibes.

Not nice having poorly animals. I have two on meds at the moment, Mr B will be long term now.

She's on all the right medication, so I'm just monitoring her now to make sure it doesn't get bigger or look like it's going to rupture. I'll be taking her down to the vets for a full checkup in a couple of weeks. :(

If it's under her ear, does this mean that it's in skin, rather than in the ear cavity itself?
I think you'll find that it'll be much easier to get rid of it if it's in skin.

I'm sorry you had probs with excess caecals with echinacea.
I have some Golden seal tincture also for boosting the immune response, & a natural ABx but it tastes foul.
It's difficult & expensive to obtain now, being substituted by Origon vine root. The active constituent of both is berberine. If you drop me your address I'll send it to you.

Sending lots of get well wishes to all of you.

Thank you thumps_ but if it's expensive don't send it. You know what my two are like. It won't agree with then for some reason or another. :roll: I really appreciate the offer though.

How is she doing? I keep.following your threads because you seem to be going through a similar thing to us.

And i've just found one on the base of charlie's ear too

:cry:

Sending vibes

How is she doing? I keep.following your threads because you seem to be going through a similar thing to us.

And i've just found one on the base of charlie's ear too

:cry:

Sending vibes

Oh no. :( I'm gutted for you too.

She's actually doing fine, I guess she doesn't know she has an abscess. She's on painkillers and antibiotics and currently eating hay and sunbathing. I'm just keeping an eye on it and hoping we don't have to operate.

How old is Charlie? Smoo getting to be an old girl and that coupled with the fact that she has the recurring jaw abscess means we're not rushing into anything like operating. If this was her only abscess I think it would be different, but personally I don't see the point in operating when she's just going to get more or it;s going to come back.

Grim had two jaw abscesses that were operated on and never came back, so if he had one I would rush him it to get it removed as soon as I could. I think you just have to take it on a bunny by bunny basis.

Oh no. :( I'm gutted for you too.

She's actually doing fine, I guess she doesn't know she has an abscess. She's on painkillers and antibiotics and currently eating hay and sunbathing. I'm just keeping an eye on it and hoping we don't have to operate.

How old is Charlie? Smoo getting to be an old girl and that coupled with the fact that she has the recurring jaw abscess means we're not rushing into anything like operating. If this was her only abscess I think it would be different, but personally I don't see the point in operating when she's just going to get more or it;s going to come back.

Grim had two jaw abscesses that were operated on and never came back, so if he had one I would rush him it to get it removed as soon as I could. I think you just have to take it on a bunny by bunny basis.

Thanks... we've got an appointment in the hour, just to check and talk it through.

I'm pleased Smoo seems ok.

Charlie seems fine too, eating loads and getting up to mischief. He's about three or four but I have no idea what we'll do... he's got the one on his jaw which is looking much better but it runs through to inside his mouth which wasn't looking great at check up last week. His initial x rays showed his mouth is a total disaster area... he had several very small pockets of pus dotted around. I don't know whether this at the base oh his ear is one of those or a new one :? We were hoping the antibiotics might be enough on those, but this seems to have come up despite that.

Thanks... we've got an appointment in the hour, just to check and talk it through.

I'm pleased Smoo seems ok.

Charlie seems fine too, eating loads and getting up to mischief. He's about three or four but I have no idea what we'll do... he's got the one on his jaw which is looking much better but it runs through to inside his mouth which wasn't looking great at check up last week. His initial x rays showed his mouth is a total disaster area... he had several very small pockets of pus dotted around. I don't know whether this at the base oh his ear is one of those or a new one :? We were hoping the antibiotics might be enough on those, but this seems to have come up despite that.

What antibiotics are you using? We're using norocillin penicillin injections which worked great with Grim, but with Smoo they do seem to stop the infection getting any worse but also don't make it any better. :?

Lots of luck at the vets.

I just want to cry. She has a lump on her stomach too. :cry:
I don't even know what to do and I couldn't do the penicillin injection because it was all getting stuck in the syringe.

She's just going to be covered in them. She's on metacam too.
Do they hurt in other places on the body? When is enough enough? And if she goes, does Grim go too? He's getting worse and worse and he needs her, if she goes he'll just be stuck in a hutch all day, I can't bond him because he's highly contagious. And if Grim goes first how can I bond Smoo if I know she's not got long left. They're both about seven if not older now.

I just don't know what to do for the best. I don't want them to suffer any more, they don't deserve it. :cry:

Back