• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel terrible :(

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
I just switched off the computer, which has Mistys photo on the desktop. I feel like I'm forgetting her. I've forgot what she felt like, I forgot what it felt like to of kissed her. I don't think about her nearly as much these days. I didn't even realise it was a month today (well, Tuesday) since she left me until I was just writing this.

I've just had an overwhelming sadness come over me and I just feel so guilty :( I miss her so much right now :cry:

:( i remember feeling that way, i was convinced I'd forget everything about Mischa but Fluffers reassured me I wouldn't and i haven't. Little things the other three do remind me of him and in time photos get easier to look at. Guilt is a natural part of grief and not something warranted.

Thinking of you. Xx

I think this is a natural part of the grieving process also. If we had to feel their presence too strongly after they are gone we would be too heavily stricken and unable to function at all. :(

I like to think they are still with us in a way. I often sense that there is a very large dog walking alongside me and my wee Yorkie when we are out at night. I only hope that when we have to move from here that his spirit will follow us, but he was a very Alaskan dog, I can't imagine him anywhere but here. :cry:

Misty is at the wishing well, yes? Perhaps go sit there for a bit if you have a moment. It always helps me to go out to Shadow's spot and just sit quietly with his memory.
((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))) xxxx

This is exactly what I'm scared of right now, I totally understand :cry: it's 13 days since Honey was here and well, and I'm starting to get used to not calling her name when I call Olly, and I'm terrified of forgetting what she felt like too :cry: I loved/love her so much, it's just wrong that she was taken so early :cry: massive hugs to you, I know what you're going through xxx

I felt exactly like this when my Tilly died, a period of being devastatingly stricken with grief followed by guilt that I was "getting used" to her not being there. I'm positive it's all part of the grieving process :cry:

You might forget some of the little things, but 3 years on I still remember my Tilly girl and think about the things she used to do. Quite often one of my other buns will do something that reminds me of her :love:

Why not buy yourself a beautiful ring or a necklace as a remembrance to her and wear it all the time so you can feel close to her? And please go easy on yourself.

(((HUGS)))

I am feeling exactly like this just now too :(

I went through the same with Kermit too so I know that it does get easier and you never forget them.

Hugs for you x

You will still miss her, but your mind has to let you do other things otherwise you wouldn't be able to live.

Remember, time helps us adjust to the loss, but doesn't make us forget completely. And when we do remember them we will still feel sad but will not be an emotional wreck that we are the days after the loss. The pain will still be there but not as sharp. It is OK to live again..Misty wouldn't want you to be so sad all the time as she loves you as much as you love her. And I know my Pebbles would be wanting me to be happy now instead of so upset because I had a flash of relief this morning.

I feel like this too to an extent. I'm getting used to not going outside to see leo and missy before and after work and on weekends I spent so much time in the garden with them. It was a routine for me and I loved but I really miss it. Walking pass the veg section and not buying herbs is annoying me do bad too because to anyone else it's just the veg section but for me I'm not thinking about them and then I get a reminder and its really sad :(

Thinking of everyone in this thread! Sending hugs xx

Hugs to you all too.

It just felt, for a few seconds, like she was someone else's bunny. Like I was looking at a photo off the internet, like she was never even here in the first place.

I just felt so guilty for moving on, and not feeling so sad about it anymore. I can't believe its been a month.

Inca, Honey and Pebbles were lovely bunnies, I'm sure you too have lots of lovely photos, I wish I had more than I do. Id of taken more if id of known what I know now. And the rest of your animals too, those 3 are recent though and fresh in my memory.

I love Lola, I can hardly remember her not being around, but that makes it seem like I'm forgetting Misty and I loved my bunny more than a lot of things in this world. I still do and will always have a big Misty shaped hole in my heart x

Misty is there in your heart, helping you to move on from her but still remember her x

It is because of the love that you had for her that you can now provide Lola with the same.

Misty is there in your heart, helping you to move on from her but still remember her x

It is because of the love that you had for her that you can now provide Lola with the same.

I hope so. I sometimes feel like I'm spoiling Lola more than I did misty too, but she was a funny ****** and would never try different veg or eat dandelion and greet oat and would never play with expensive toys that I wasted endless amounts of money on :lol: she liked to sleep. I know I didn't spoil her with those things, but she was happy with what she had, and that was that.

Hope you and Herbie are coping ok without Inca too xxx

Back