• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this safe!

I don't know why they are marketed for rabbits and guinea pigs, I bought one for my dwarf hamster and she enjoys it but the rabbits would destroy it instantly. They wouldn't eat it but you might as well just use a toilet roll tube with hay shoved in it, loads cheaper.

I don't know why they are marketed for rabbits and guinea pigs, I bought one for my dwarf hamster and she enjoys it but the rabbits would destroy it instantly. They wouldn't eat it but you might as well just use a toilet roll tube with hay shoved in it, loads cheaper.

i do that but they eat the cardboard tube

Much cheaper than spending £2.25 on one for them to shred up straight away though ;)

If they eat the toilet tube then take it away, just don't waste money on that when they won't be bothered about how it looks.

i didnt post the original post and would a little bit og card be ok now and then

i didnt post the original post and would a little bit og card be ok now and then

I think so. Mine nibble around the ends of theirs when they're eating the hay, I think if they ate the whole thing then it would be a case of "maybe I won't give it to them again :shock:" :)

Back