• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dwarf Lops .... what should they weigh??

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
I know there isn't actually any 'dwarf' in a dwarf lop but what should a medium sized one weigh?

Both Dizzi and Rascal were 2.8kilos when they got weighed at the vets last week, vet nurse said this was ok but I thought that was a bit on the porky side!?!?

My dwarf lop was 3.1kg last time she was weighed and the vet said she was in great condition. Didn't say she was overweight or anything, she certainly doesn't look or feel overweight :)

Ellie is a Dwarf Lop X (what she's crossed with we can't decide) but she's a big Fattie at 2.74kg :lol: which the vet said was a good weight! I only think she's a porker because of how dinky my darling boy is at 1.5kg at his last weigh in!

Harvey is 2.35kg and a healthy weight, he was up at 2.8kg at one point and I was told he was overweight then, but every bunny is going to have a different healthy weight even if they are the same breed. I'd say if you trust your vets then they're probably right, if you don't trust them the only way to be confident is to get an opinion from another vet/vet nurse! I can't remember the exact features of a slightly overweight bunny anymore because harvey's been at his stable healthy weight for so long!

Thing is, there unlikely to be 100% pure dwarf lop, so its difficult to guage but 2-3Kg's seems to be a 'rough' rule of thumb for dwarf lops.

Just for reference as everyone else is doing it too;

Biscuit is 2.1Kg's (weighed Monday by vets)
Ginger is 1.72Kg's (weighed Monday by vets)

Ginger will always be smaller due to her health issues so isn't one to guage on really.

anywhere from 2kg to 3.5kg in my opinion :) there is a breed standard but that is only for show rabbits, for example a netherland dwarf should only weigh up to 1.1kg or they would be "disqualified" from a show. Mae weighed in at 1.2 to 1.3kg and Sebastian weighs 1.5kg but they are pet standard not show :wave:

My Lola was 2,2kg, 2.4kg at her biggest. She wasn't underweight, she was just right :)

My german lop is 3.3kg and my NZW is 3.7kg

The lion heads are 1.95kg and 1.6kg

bisc and matt seem more dwarf lop (they're a dwarf/mini lop mix)

bisc is always around the 2.3-2.4kg mark, matts 2.4-2.5kg mark :wave:

Back