• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Favourite Breed?

Having only had lops and Lionheads - those are my favourite :D

But would like all sorts of other breeds as well.

Mini-lops. I love their smushy faces and their friendly nature. Not sure I would ever get another though due to dental problems.

Schwarzgrannens and Rhinelanders (both rare varieties)

I'll always love my thriantas, stunning little rabbits but I've had plenty of experience with them now and I don't think I'd go looking for any more

Dutches! I had Dutch cross breeds when I was younger. From a friend, who unknowingly gave us a male/female pair so had babies. They were all sorts of colours, even one, Ash who I swear was a pinky purple colour, I've never known what that colouring was, she was really special :love: my sister has a chocolate Dutch and he is just beautiful.

I utterly am in love with thriantas after seeing your sig DemiS . I hope to own one one day, although I don't know what the chances of finding one are if I've not seen any round here before. I doubt they come up in rescue all that often. But they are stunning! What is their all round health like?

I love the look of Belgian hares and tans but I am in love with all my wabbits which are a mix of lion heads x dutch, lionheads and a mini lop. :love::love::love:
edit; I would love to see/stroke a rex rabbit. There is a lovely pair on Cottontails website atm...

Last edited:
Appearance wise, not necessarily a breed, but I love white buns with coloured markings... Especially the butterfly, makes them look like they have a moustache :lol:

Dutches! I had Dutch cross breeds when I was younger. From a friend, who unknowingly gave us a male/female pair so had babies. They were all sorts of colours, even one, Ash who I swear was a pinky purple colour, I've never known what that colouring was, she was really special :love: my sister has a chocolate Dutch and he is just beautiful.

I utterly am in love with thriantas after seeing your sig DemiS . I hope to own one one day, although I don't know what the chances of finding one are if I've not seen any round here before. I doubt they come up in rescue all that often. But they are stunning! What is their all round health like?

The pictures really don't show their shape and colour justice, but yeah they're gorgeous :love: There aren't any general health problems for thriantas because the only feature of them really far from a wild rabbit is their colour, no long matting fur, no flat head leading to teeth problems. They can be quite fiery at times, I certainly wouldn't say they're an aggressive breed but on a whole they're not as docile as say french lops. They do occasionally come up in rescue, and as the number of people keeping the breed is growing (they're no longer officially a rare breed) they're bound to appear more often :/

Back