• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Bedding Recyling

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Those of you that can use the green waste for your dirty rabbit bedding, do you have to seperate the newspaper?

I phoned my council about 5 years ago and was told no it can go in the green bags with the hay, so thats what I did and its always been collected. two weeks ago I complained about our recyling men spilling it all over the street and politly asked they take more care, surprise surprise this week they didn't collect it at all. No reason left so when I phoned to ask why they are saying its because of the newspaper.

i always separate the newspaper, i've left a piece or two in a few times by accident and they always leave it in the bin

When I came under south glos council they always took the news paper, they will take it from my mums house which is bristol city council and north somerset council have always taken it until now.

I don't mind seperating it in future but am annoyed I'm now stuck with 6 full green bags for another two weeks when it wasn't my fault.

They are saying it states the changes on the website, it doesn't I checked and besides what if I didn't have internet?

I separate the large bits but don't worry if there are little bits in it. I hate the mess the bin men leave behind :evil: It does sound like a reaction to what you said.

Back