• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Maurice might be a bit *special*

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
This morning after his first meds I gave him him his usual crunchy...except instead of putting it on the floor...I gave it to him with my fingers....and got bitten in the process.

10 minutes later I did his eye drops. Put his crunchy on the floor....and he was so excited looking for it his bit the end of HIS OWN EAR :shock: he squeaked a little but luckily it didn't bleed too much. I'll keep an eye on it, but it's only little.....so I'm not too worried....apart from the fact that he bit himself in the first place :?

So..., has anyone else's buns done this or is it just me with special idiot rabbits?

Hahaha, awww bless him! My buns have never bitten themselves but I suppose if they have long, lop ears they probably would out of excitement. They've caught my fingers plenty of times and nipped each other when trying to take food out of each others' mouths. :roll:

I think he's *special* and we shall all love him all the more for it.

Silly moo, biting his own ear!

:lol::lol::lol:

Hope his ear is okay!

Mine are fairly special. Charlie's not quite as bright as your average rabbit...

Oh bless him ... I've never heard of a bunny biting his/her own ear. :?

Me neither. whats even weirder is that it's the outside he bit :? I have no idea how he managed it. If I hadn't been in the kitchen with them I'd have thought it was marnie...but she was in the litter tray eating her own crunchie.

He is a funny thing.

Hahaha, awww bless him! My buns have never bitten themselves but I suppose if they have long, lop ears they probably would out of excitement. They've caught my fingers plenty of times and nipped each other when trying to take food out of each others' mouths. :roll:

His are quite long. A couple of times he's stood on and then been stuck looking at the floor till I pick his foot up :lol: :oops:

What are they eye drops for? Does he have sight problems?

At the moment he has an eye infection. Added to all his other problems his eye lids are slightly deformed, they have funny wrinkles in the lower lids. Because of this his eyes don't flush properly and either something got in the wrinkle and didn't get washed out, or there was a bacterial build up. Either way it got infected he now has antibiotic eyedrops (which he is NOT happy about) and I need to wipe his eyes with saline solution every day.

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if he did develope or already have sight problems. He quite often jumps if you approach him quietly or if you unexpectedly touch the left side of his face. He doesnt scan though.

Hope his ear is okay!

Mine are fairly special. Charlie's not quite as bright as your average rabbit...

Look now...Charlie's an RU favourite of mine. I will NOT hear a word against him!:evil:

The thing is, we *think* they're 'special', when in fact they are the cleverest of them all. It is THESE buns that are plotting world domination...;)

Bless him. It certainly sounds like his vision may be impaired even if just temporarily whilst there is an infection.

I wondered if Maurice has poor eyesight. I've had cats bite their own tails when chasing them, but not bunnies biting themselves.

Pippa (one of my cats) is 'special' too - she will often move something and not realise she has done it and get spooked.

Yeah... Ellie's dafter than a brush. She launches herself off things or onto things and then gets stuck and she almost bit clean through my finger instead of eating her dinner once. :roll:

Oh and she got stuck in a cardboard box the other day. :roll:

Back