• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I try vacuuming rabbit?

denla

Warren Scout
I mean she always comes over to sniff the Dyson handheld vacuum cleaner whenever I'm vacuuming the cage. Perhaps I should vacuum her fur a bit? The brush isn't useful in removing shedding fur.

I really hope this post is supposed to be full of humour and you are in no way being serious.

I can see where you're coming from as she's not scared of the Hoover, but I wouldn't risk using it on her just in case it hurts her or she feels threatened.

Mine are moulting profusely at the moment so I feel your pain! Try sitting her on your lap daily and gently plucking out the excess fur :wave:

Jelly loves my vax hoover... She does the same as your bun. She is very curious about how this pipe could make all her poop disappear and insist to put her little head near it :lol: her hair style changes and it is very funny to watch :lol:

Maybe I should vacuum my cats, they are moulting everywhere. Or maybe I could shave them and knit them jumpers so they don't get cold....:lol:

To the replies asking if this is a joke, well, it's not. I saw it on a youtube video of someone using a less powerful vacuum cleaner than mine on a white rabbit. The rabbit just sat there getting vacuumed. I got curious if this method is safe and works after seeing that video.

Even the hand held vacuum cleaners are incredibly powerful these days. So, no, definitely not!

No its not safe. Better to ask than be sorry. There's unfortunately all manner of awful videos on You Tube.

To the replies asking if this is a joke, well, it's not. I saw it on a youtube video of someone using a less powerful vacuum cleaner than mine on a white rabbit. The rabbit just sat there getting vacuumed. I got curious if this method is safe and works after seeing that video.

Unfortunately, because it is posted on youtube it doesn't mean it is the correct thing to do.

In fact I think there was a thread a couple of days ago pointing to a video showing a cat being washed. Again, not the correct thing to do.

I do hope you will take on board all the negative responses you have received and continue with the brush/damp hands.

Oh well. I'll keep on removing shedding hair with my brush and hand. There's got to be a better way than this!

Oh well. I'll keep on removing shedding hair with my brush and hand. There's got to be a better way than this!

furminator make a small animal version, if you're willing to fork out a bit of money? i've never used one on a rabbit but they work wonders on my dogs and cats

Please don't, a dyson has the power to seriously hurt :(

I know as about ten years ago I got a rabbit stuck to the end of one, I'd put the hose down for a sec whilst moving their loo so I could Hoover behind it and my curious bun had gotten too close whilt I hadn't been looking :shock: it was attached to her side, I grabbed the hose and she came with it :shock: so I turned it off and off she hopped flicking her feet at me. She was fine thank god and would only have been attached for a matter of seconds but I never let them be in the same room after that! :shock:

A dyson certainly would hurt, my Mum as a joke used one on my soft toy cat. It completely hoovered off its whiskers! I dread to think what it would do to a real animal! :(

Back