• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boredom breakers???

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
Lola has the devil in her today.

• Shes chewing my mums sofa
  • Trying to chew the wallpaper
  • Trying to chew the remotes
  • Trying to chew any magazine or catalogue that is on the floor
  • Digging the carpet
  • Digging the walls
  • Digging the doors
  • Throwing my mums ornaments around
  • Trying to chew my mums ornaments
  • Digging at my mums ornaments
  • Jumping on the piggies cage
  • Biting the cupboard doors
  • Chewing the piggies cage bars
  • Chewing her cage bars, outside the cage :roll:

I could go on. I need idea to keep her occupied. I cut holes in cardboard boxes but we have nowhere to store them, and she cant be left unattended anyway because she eats it :roll: I'm off to pets at home tomorrow to raid their selection of boredom breakers, but has anyone else got any ideas?

Looking for some extra ones myself at the moment actually.

Hay that they like is the best one - eating enough hay keeps them occupied for ages.
Fun ways to eat the hay are also good, my buns like this: http://www.petsathome.com/shop/bunny-toy-hay-and-snack-dispenser-by-savic-106367
Scatter feeding is good for the same reason. Scatter feeding by hiding pellets and dried herbs in a box/tray of hay is even better.
Tunnels always go down well here.
Willow balls - although they don't last long.
Compressed hay cookies are brilliant, although messy, but it wouldn't be so bad if you kept it in her cage.

Looking for some extra ones myself at the moment actually.

Hay that they like is the best one - eating enough hay keeps them occupied for ages.
Fun ways to eat the hay are also good, my buns like this: http://www.petsathome.com/shop/bunny-toy-hay-and-snack-dispenser-by-savic-106367
Scatter feeding is good for the same reason. Scatter feeding by hiding pellets and dried herbs in a box/tray of hay is even better.
Tunnels always go down well here.
Willow balls - although they don't last long.
Compressed hay cookies are brilliant, although messy, but it wouldn't be so bad if you kept it in her cage.

She has a treat ball I put her nuggets in, but obvs she doesn't have them all day.
Ive got some hay cookies :thumb:
Im thinking of getting a tunnel for her from there, she needs a new willow ball.

She has a plant pot, a sea grass thingy, a jingle ball, and a couple of other things. I need to do some serious bunny shopping tomorrow!!

She has a treat ball I put her nuggets in, but obvs she doesn't have them all day.
Ive got some hay cookies :thumb:
Im thinking of getting a tunnel for her from there, she needs a new willow ball.

She has a plant pot, a sea grass thingy, a jingle ball, and a couple of other things. I need to do some serious bunny shopping tomorrow!!

I'd recommend mainly doing things with hay then, but you can hide pellets in forage and hay as well as give them in the treat ball - variety is key to stopping boredom. You can get some willow balls that have gaps so you stuff them with hay - I know The Hay Experts do them, not sure if P@H have a version.

P@H do some dried herb mixes that are good - just be careful as some of them contain less healthy ingredients like museli-type stuff, commercial treats and dried fruit. The dried herbs can keep them occupied if you mix them into hay - they spend time looking for the bits which is natural foraging behaviour.

The trio of hanging balls is good value and has a variety of textures.

Some rabbits like things they can chuck around -rattles, dumbells etc.

Apple sticks are fantastic, but you can't buy them in P@H. Sometimes you can buy them in the For Sale section on here from Fluffers.

I've also found that they love to dig blankets and bite them and rearrange them and eventually destroy them :lol:

Edit: Again, variety is key so when you buy new toys I'd take some old ones away, so that when she gets a bit bored of the new ones you can give her back the old ones and the novelty factor will be back.

Last edited:
Id be concerned about her eating the blanket, she'll eat anything that will fit in her mouth!

I've got some apple sticks but they don't seem to interest her. Ill be raiding all the pet shops in town tomorrow!

Id be concerned about her eating the blanket, she'll eat anything that will fit in her mouth!

I've got some apple sticks but they don't seem to interest her. Ill be raiding all the pet shops in town tomorrow!

Are they fresh apple sticks? Mine won't touch dried or baked ones :roll: You'd have to watch her with the blanket at first obviously, but most buns just chew them and don't actually eat it.

Back