• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We took Honey to the crem today :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
It was just awful :cry: we went to collect her from the vets, she should have been all better and alive, not dead and cold and lifeless :cry: I held her little paw all the way home :cry: when we got to the pet crem I just broke down completely :cry: I didn't want to leave her there, just wanted to cuddle her forever :cry: my little sweetheart she was, so little and perfect and beautiful :love: why is it the people who don't give a :censored:, their bunnies live for years and years and never have anything wrong!!! It's just so unfair :cry:

It's been 10 days now since she was here 'properly' ie. Happy and not back and forward to the vets. It seems like so long ago already :( I don't want to clean all their room and remove all traces of her for a new bun, but I know I have to :cry: I don't want to be happy if she's not here anymore, it just doesn't seem right. :(

I wish I could say something to help ... sending hugs.

Honey was such a wee star. :love: I hope that happier memories will be comfort to you in time.

I'm so sorry, its such a horrible time :cry:

Is there anything you can keep to remind you of Honey, like a blanket she used or a toy she was chewing - just so you don't feel as though you've "removed" her completely?

Big hugs xxx

I'm so sorry, its such a horrible time :cry:

Is there anything you can keep to remind you of Honey, like a blanket she used or a toy she was chewing - just so you don't feel as though you've "removed" her completely?

Big hugs xxx

yes, keep some of her things. i kept the blanket ches went to the vets with. it smells of him. also kept a piece of fur aswell. just little things to keep so it doesn't feel like she has been removed. i felt that way because i had to change the cage for maisie's new friend eddie, sterilize everything, and it did feel like i was removing every trace of him and it was heartbreaking.

xxx

I think the time just after a pet has died is the worst :cry: I susally keep food bowls because they are small but personal. I still have Inky's on the counter next to Smokey's, even though he has been gone for nearly 7 months now :(

Hugs,

FC x

You will always have your love for her and her memory to carry with you.

I know it's the hardest time but the pain will soften eventually.

Do whatever feels right for you to ride the storm.

Hugs to you. I can completely sympathise with how you feel, I am feeling exactly the same way at the moment about my Poppy, this time last week she was fine and now she is gone and I miss her so so so much, :cry:.

I can't say anything to make you feel better but I hope time starts to heal soon, Honey had an amazing life with you and even though it was short she doesn't realise that, all she knew is that she was happy and cared for, that's all we can do.x.x.

I think the time just after a pet has died is the worst :cry: I susally keep food bowls because they are small but personal. I still have Inky's on the counter next to Smokey's, even though he has been gone for nearly 7 months now :(

Hugs,

FC x

Thank you for this idea, I have been wondering what to do wit Poppy's bowl and I've just decided I will use it in my room to keep jewellery or something in.

Thank you everyone, it's been a very very difficult week, probably the worst of my life, and it's ended in the worst possible way :( I am physically and emotionally shattered :( I don't know how my legs are still holding me up, I've barely sat down for 10 days!
Me and my OH both cut some of our hair to be cremated with Honey (bunny mad Lisa gave me this idea) so that part of us will always be with her. I wish I'd cut some of Olly's too but I only thought afterwards :( I also kept some of Honey's fur to have made into a pendant so I can keep her with me :love: Olly is not doing great, he's very nervous without Honey as his eyesight and hearing are not good, he is spending a lot of time in his house unless we are with him. He is eating fine though thank god.

Thank you everyone, it's been a very very difficult week, probably the worst of my life, and it's ended in the worst possible way :( I am physically and emotionally shattered :( I don't know how my legs are still holding me up, I've barely sat down for 10 days!
Me and my OH both cut some of our hair to be cremated with Honey (bunny mad Lisa gave me this idea) so that part of us will always be with her. I wish I'd cut some of Olly's too but I only thought afterwards :( I also kept some of Honey's fur to have made into a pendant so I can keep her with me :love: Olly is not doing great, he's very nervous without Honey as his eyesight and hearing are not good, he is spending a lot of time in his house unless we are with him. He is eating fine though thank god.

I'm glad that I could help in a small way and think the cutting of hair is a very touching Thought. I a,so have a pendant although mine is made with fabric from my bunnys bed but it brings me such comfort. All these things do help you to heal although honey will be with you always,

I hope you can find a perfect friend for only olly and bring you both the little happiness that you deserve x

So sorry, its so awful and tough to lose them and say goodbye. It was a lovely thing to put your hair in with her. We kept some of Fay's and Kenco's fur, although I haven't yet had a pendant made, I know its there for when I am ready - or just to keep.

Honey will be in your heart and memory forever. She was one of the lucky ones, you gave her a wonderful life x

Thank you for your kind words, I'm still beating myself up about not noticing she was sick :cry: the signs were there, I just explained them away with other things. She didn't really Binky anymore - I thought she was just bored because I never changed their set up (couldn't change as it as Olly would've got confused) :( when she lay down and let me stroke her tummy, I could often feel little lumpy bits, I just thought it was because she'd just eaten and it was food passing through :cry: if only I'd been more paranoid and got her checked out properly, she might have been saved :cry: I'll never know now. But I'll never ever make the same mistake again :cry: I'm sorry sweetheart, you were trying to tell me and I just didn't understand :cry: :cry: :cry:

I did this when my dog, Shadow, passed a few years ago. We have property so we were able to just lay him to rest in our backyard, but I wanted him to have something of mine to take with him. I have some of his fur clipped and in one of those picture cubes in my room. If I could find someone who would put the fur in a plexiglass pendant here I would do that.

My heart breaks for you. :cry: I really have no words, but wanted you to know I am thinking of you. ((((((((Huge hugs))))))))xxxx

Back