• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone near Oldham?

aatkin

Warren Scout
I'm a member of a gardening forum where I offer some of my rabbit waste/hay/straw/paper/wood litter (basically when gets cleaned out of their tray and HQ) for people to use in their allotment compost piles (I compost quite a lot of it myself for our own use). There is someone near Oldham on the site who is interested, but it is too far away to be worth it. I said I'd ask around to see if there was anyone on here nearer Oldham who is interested in getting rid of some bunny waste?

I'm not near Oldham, but just wondered what gardening forum you used to offer the waste?

I'm moving within the next month to an area that has fortnightly bin collections and won't let me put bunny waste in the compost bin, so offering my bunny waste to keen gardeners seems like an ideal solution :thumb:

I use the Grapevine forum on Grow Your Own, as it has an active membership: http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/forum.php and forum sections specifically for allotments and composting. :D

You may want to consider things like Freecycle and Freegle too - lots of gardener's use sites to find sources for manure and whatnot!

Last edited:
I am :wave:

Do you have any bunny waste going spare? If you do and are happy to give it away, I can ask the interested party for their contact details and pass them along (that way I'm not giving out your details to strangers)!

i am and have bags of the stuff outside the house :roll: it's hay, fitch, megazorb. some of it has been rained on, does that matter? :wave:

i'm so excited about this. :oops: they're only 15mins from us so are arranging to come and take a trailer load full! we have such a struggle trying to get rid of all the pet waste so this is brilliant! :thumb:

Oh yay! I am so glad it worked out. Maybe we should think about offering it more often to people on a gardening forum (as I know there are a few (rabbit) people in a similar situation, who can't put it in the council bins). It is super great stuff for gardens and allotments!

I could start a thread saying: Do you have rabbit waste/hay/straw/etc that you need to dispose of? Where do you live? How much do you have? And then I could put it up on the gardening forum to see if anyone in their area would like it!

Oh yay! I am so glad it worked out. Maybe we should think about offering it more often to people on a gardening forum (as I know there are a few (rabbit) people in a similar situation, who can't put it in the council bins). It is super great stuff for gardens and allotments!

I could start a thread saying: Do you have rabbit waste/hay/straw/etc that you need to dispose of? Where do you live? How much do you have? And then I could put it up on the gardening forum to see if anyone in their area would like it!

yes, definitely. :thumb:

we can't get ahead with clearing it, and we fill our brown bin, next doors, and half the normal bin aswell. :oops: we don't have any way to get it to the tip so we end up with loads of it outside which is not nice, and then when some of the bin men don't take it, or have xmas off and then don't collect in snow, we end up really behind with it :evil: (that was my rant of the day! :oops:)

Back