• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Bedding (Are my buns weird?)

aatkin

Warren Scout
Okay, so... my bunnies don't use any bedding. :shock: They spend all their sleeping time in their cardboard hidey box. It has a mat as the floor, but if I ever try to put bedding in it (fleeces, hay, straw, whatever) they just push it all to the wall and sleep on the mat. :roll: I have learned this is what they like and if they want it like that, fine by me. But is it weird to not use any bedding? [They also sometimes sleep under a step-stool in the room or just in the middle of the floor.]

They have a litter tray, which gets filled with hay (on top of newspaper/wood pellet litter lasagne). They also have a pet carrier which gets filled with an old towel and other such things that they like to toss around and play with (they don't like sleeping in it as it has only one way in and out).

No, not wierd at all. Sometimes buns like nice cold smooth surfaces. Pebbles favourites sleeping place in my bedroom is on top of a plastic storage box under my bed, even though he has a fleece blanky on the floor. In the living room, Poppy and Pebbles tend to spend the night under the settee, but during the day like to lay stretched out on a fleece on the floor, or if sunny on the laminate floor by the patio doors in the sunshine!

Sounds normal to me. My two boys sleep on the rug in their half of the bedroom and don't go into the boxes of nice cosy hay that i provided for sleeping!

We have slate tiles in our hutches which the bunnies prefer even to the wooden floor or fleeces - they just seem to like colder surfaces to rest their furry tummies on I guess :love:

mine slesep on their top shelf of their shed - they have a fleece blanket and a mat on the bottom, but they push any straw and hay out the way - they have bed boxes, but they just sleep in the open - they're weird!

Back