• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very worried about Bramble tonight

clarebear

Mama Doe
I'm very worried about Bramble. He hasn't eaten his tea this evening which I gave him about 7.30pm. He looks very uncomfortable, and I think he had a tummy ache. I just tried to rub his tummy and he jumped. I gave him a small amount of grass this afternoon and I am wondering if this is what has caused the problem.

Bungee had some too, but she has eaten her tea and seems okay, although I am keeping a close eye on her. She has been on the grass a couple of times this year already with no problems.

What should I do?

I would get him to vet as soon as possible, to be honest. Spenser had an upset tummy after his first fresh grass last year, although he had quite a lot. He didn't take ill until the following morning though.

Sending lots of vibes for Bramble. xx

That's exactly what my benji was like this morning , took him to vets and when we got home he started eating for England!! As long as he's pooping and wees are normal and he continues to eat and drink normally then reasses as you go on ;)

Glad to see he is eating his tea now. Maybe he hand a windy tummy and it has passed ...

Sending vibes that he is soon his normal self. Definitely a good idea to check on him through the night. Is he indoors or out?

Aww thank you so much :love:

Bramble is fine again this morning! I did get up at 2.30am (set my alarm!) to check on him, and he was okay apart from not having pooped. I put a small pile of hay next to him and he started happily munching on it. Got back into bed and then remembered that I hadn't given him his night time pellets (he has another small amount at bedtime to keep his weight up), so got up and gave him those, which he dived straight into to.

My OH got up at 6am and reported back that there were poops!!

So happy. He does worry us sometimes. He's pretty fragile, what with his breathing issues and we worry so much about him. Last week he had a dental.....I got up 3 times that night!! :roll:

What a relief to hear Bramble is better today.:thumb: :love:

Frankie bun has odd days like this. He's not quite himself for a day and just when I'm getting prepared for a visit to the vets, syringe feeding etc, he is back to his bright perky little self.:thumb::D

Back