• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pebbles is getting worse :( update...helped to the bridge 16/4/13 :(

Although Pebble's cough has improved, he is hardly eating anything now, despite being on gut stimulant twice a day and a higher dose of metacam. He seem so unhappy, and runs when I go near him as he thinks I'm going to give him more meds by syringe which he hates :cry: I'm sure he thinks I'm poisoning his food with horrible meds too :cry:

he had a few dandelion leaves and a pansy flower this morning, a few wet pellets...in the end I tried him with a bit of bread to see if he can actually eat ..and he had a bit of bread so I'm not overly worried as he is eating something.

I'm just so worried that he isn't going to get better and his poor heart is just too bad now :cry: I hate forcing all his meds into him as he really fights it. I'm starting to wonder if it is the right thing to do for him now. I'm phoning Mark at Trinity in the morning to discuss Pebbles lack of improvement, and see what he thinks........ considering Pebbles has lower molar roots growing into his lower jaw, I really don't think I should be putting him through loads of surgery on top of his heart condition :?

Last edited:
Although Pebble's cough has improved, he is hardly eating anything now, despite being on gut stimulant twice a day and a higher dose of metacam. He seem so unhappy, and runs when I go near him as he thinks I'm going to give him more meds by syringe which he hates :cry: I'm sure he thinks I'm poisoning his food with horrible meds too :cry:

he had a few dandelion leaves and a pansy flower this morning, a few wet pellets...in the end I tried him with a bit of bread to see if he can actually eat ..and he had a bit of bread so I'm not overly worried as he is eating something.

I'm just so worried that he isn't going to get better and his poor heart is just too bad now :cry: I hate forcing all his meds into him as he really fights it. I'm starting to wonder if it is the right thing to do for him now. I'm phoning Mark at Trinity in the morning to discuss Pebbles lack of improvement, and see what he thinks........ considering Pebbles has lower molar roots growing into his lower jaw, I really don't think I should be putting him through loads of surgery on top of his heart condition :?

Could you ask Mark about Pebbles having his meds via injection ? It would be less stressful for him I think.

I can't get Pebbles there every day for injections...and I don't think I could do injections myself on my own, however much I would want to. But I'll discuss the feasibility of it...I may be able to pick up the medications from my local vet. But that would still be 4-5 different injections each day if given once a day.

Sending vibes

We do injections at home too - it does make meds time less stressful for the buns. It's not as difficult as it looks!

Thanks...He's still not too bad in himself...he still had the cheek to nip my ankle for lots of nose rubs! But he just seems so sleepy the rest of the time. He has all different types of food lined up like a sushi bar :lol::lol: just in case he decides to eat something! I'm trying not to watch him (I think I'm making him self-concious ) but I think he has just started eating some piggy food :thumb:

Mark has shown me how to do injections in the past though I hated doing it. That was with penicillin though which is difficult to inject, I'm sure thinner meds would be easier.

I'm sorry to hear Pebbles is poorly again. :( Could he just be adjusting to the new meds in his system?
Sending (((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))))) your way with all possible speed. xxxx

Oh no maybe his teeth are hurting. Is he on the maximum metacam. I gave doughnut an extra half a dose when she was really bad and mark said to do that.

Pleased he is still cheeky. It is a lot of medicine to take but at least you have seen a bit of improvement.

Let us know what mark says. Lots of nose rubs for pebbles since he likes them. X

Sorry to hear your boy is going through such a bad time. Sending lots of cuddles and nose rubs. Hope he starts to show improvement soon. Just remember it`s a good sign he is still being so cheeky.

Yesterday was so emotional :cry: I was begging him to eat and eventually last night he started eating some dry piggy food...so another step in the right direction. I gave him his meds very late last night and he was OK taking them. I think he ate more wet food and piggy food I'd left out, but can't be sure as I hadn't weighed it first. (he'd eaten 8g of piggy food between 9pm and this morning :thumb:)

I think he is on maximum dose of 0.5ml metacam twice a day, which is what Mark said he could go up to.

So I gave him more Metacam and Gut stimulat at 6:30 this morning and then put him back with Poppy as he seems happier with her in living room. I gave him a slice of apple, which he was slow to eat (had to keep Poppy away as she ate hers and kept trying to nick his :roll:) he then ate a small pile of dandelion leaves and 2g of piggy food. I think he may have even been trying to eat a bit of hay in the litter box...but that could have been my imagination and wishful thinking :lol::lol:

Still not going well with his eating :cry: I'm going to try to speak to Mark at 11:30-12, then maybe take him to my normal vet for an injection of metaclopromide as that usually gets him eating within an hour.

More healing and eating vibes on the way for dear Pebbles ((((((((((((((((((Vibes))))))))))))))))))) xxxx

Back