• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The WIND blew Lola's hutch apart!!

CazandCo

Alpha Buck
Hello, who asked for the wind come on, own up. Lola isn't impressed. Came out this morning to do the buns breakfast, and there she was hopping round the garden. Her hutch was in pieces. Roof was up, bedroom area on the floor. Run in bits.

I've brought her inside to recover, she is currently hiding in the carrier. I have put some food and water down just outside it, is there anything else I can do to help her? I don't want to put her back outside just yet it's still really windy.

:shock: poor Lola! Can't you keep her inside until you get another hutch? Is she OK? Glad she didn't get blown away too :shock:

Well she's hopping round the living room at the moment, if it continues I will have to keep her inside, the hutch is in bits.

I don't have room, plus I have a cat. I am trying to get hold of a temporary indoor cage as all I have at the moment is a cat carrier and that is no way large enough

I don't have room, plus I have a cat. I am trying to get hold of a temporary indoor cage as all I have at the moment is a cat carrier and that is no way large enough

Sorry but neither are the cages, I've got one. A puppy pen would probs be cheaper and bigger:)

I have 2 tall puppy pens that I got off eBay for £33 each inc p&p, just typed in puppy pen :) and they are the black ones :)

Oh no! I had a similar thing this morning, only I had just left our two to go make a forage box came back and the hutch had not only toppled over but it had flipped as well. They dont like getting caught but they were good as gold being caught and snuggling into the washing basket whilst I sorted the puppy pen for them. Mine are shaken but eating and moving etc. I hope your Lola has come round now.

Personally I think that would be too small to shut her in though :oops: puppy pens are bigger:thumb: and if you open them out and put them against a wall they can be bigger. As this isn't going to be permanent accommodation :)

:thumb: our 48 inch dog crate is now surplus to requirements.. and we have nowhere to put it so its behind the wardrobe :lol: it's so big.. Flat, but big. Puppy pens are so much easier to put away.
Even with the 48 inch crate we had to attach a puppy pen for Poppy (before we decided to let her free range the bedroom) to make it big enough for her :)

how awful :shock: glad your bunny is ok though, it happened a few years ago to my cousins hutch except her bunny died of shock :cry:

:thumb: our 48 inch dog crate is now surplus to requirements.. and we have nowhere to put it so its behind the wardrobe :lol: it's so big.. Flat, but big. Puppy pens are so much easier to put away.
Even with the 48 inch crate we had to attach a puppy pen for Poppy (before we decided to let her free range the bedroom) to make it big enough for her :)

Really :oops::oops:

But as you said they are easy to store and put away :)

Really :oops::oops:

But as you said they are easy to store and put away :)

I was agreeing with you :p :D I meant our dog crate was great for a while but now we don't need it it's just kind of.. there with no home :lol: makes the wardrobe stick out so Poppy can get behind :evil: :lol: it might look huge but Poppy was very unhappy being shut in it, so we added the puppy pen and even that wasn't enough apparently! So free range it was :lol:

Last edited:
Back