• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help......again!!

Peterbunny

Mama Doe
Hello!

After advice again!

Peter has been indoors since the beginning of Jan, housed in a room with no heating and window open slightly (quite a cold room as has 2 outside walls). My intention has always been that he would go back outside to his hutch when the weather is right.

This last few days Peter has been at boarding as we have been away. He's in an outdoor set up (looks like a super fancy avairy lol), but is shut into the sleep area at night with some form of heating on (The owner asked if he is an indoor or outdoor so I said Indoor and he said they would put some heating on at night in that case)

So....my question is this! We are picking Pete up today, According to the BBC weather forecast the Weather is definitely improving with temps being no lower than 10c during the day (actually looking much higher) and looking around 8-9c at night. Can I move Peter back into his hutch based on this?

Maybe have him outside during the day, and in his unheated room inside during the night for a few nights to make sure the weather is warming up?

As he has already been spending time outside at the boarders he should be fine to b e outside with a cover at night and lots of hay. Are you still going to be finding him a friend? If so, where will they live when bonded?

Hi tonibun,

I'm still in the process of adopting a lady for Pete :) they will live outside together.

I've got plenty of hay ready and I have a thick blanket and tarpaulin that I used before I moved him indoors back in Jan

Maybe have him outside during the day, and in his unheated room inside during the night for a few nights to make sure the weather is warming up?

Hi weedug,

I've actually already been doing this for the last couple of weeks, on the warmer, sunnier days. Our garden is almost south facing so when the sun comes out it can be lovely out there.

Back