• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chicken and chips for lunch

BizzyB

New Kit
I have been on this site and reading for over a year, and only just registered, love to read and see other peoples ideas on housing, and knowing that it was not just me with problems with first time bonding. Bella was a real madam with her hutch first time around with her first friend Roger, they did eventualy get together, but when he suddely died, I vowed never again.
She wasn't happy on her own, even looked depressed, so when I saw Lenny on the Friday morning advertised, went and picked him up an hour later. He was the right size and age and loved him straight away. He had not been castrated and had one thing on his mind when he saw Bella. Quick visit to the vets Friday evening, booked in on the Monday for his op, although not planned, they were together 2 weeks later, and are a true pair. Will post photos, but at the minute, (depending on the weather) they are sleeping in the other hutch, their hutch and run is stripped down and half repainted and a new roof.
For anyone interested Asda are doing cheap childrens play tunnels, I have bought two, (just know they will chew it), I usually use plastic drainage pipe as this is the only size my buns can fit through, normal bunny tunnels are too small. Just another idea for those with larger buns, I use a cage from what looks like the inside of a park bin, (bought it of EBay for 99p) to put their hay in, it stands about 3ft tall, and they enjoy standing up and pulling it through the wire.
Off to try and finish painting now, am picking up two new kittens Friday, I'm already for them, can't be without one or two in my case, so must get going, hope green suits me probabley get splatered.
Bye for now

Thanks for the welcome. Just stopped for a cup of tea, thought chicken and chips would be quicker than a roast. Have you ever started something and wished you hadn,t because of the weather everything is so wet, so now the garden looks like a timber yard, with panels and shed bits drying out, never mind will be worth it, what we do for pets :roll: Bella and Lenny are playing up, because I managed to block their other cage off, they want an afternoon sleep, could end up with matching green hutch and rabbits.
Bye for now

Back