• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What you've all been waiting for! Pictures on Amber and her babies!

Hales1092

Warren Scout
Loads more pictures to come.

150459_10152700480520106_1843281737_n_zps94a7b1e8.jpg

533985_10152700482120106_497046839_n_zps2eaf6369.jpg

WP_000120_zps8f6e053b.jpg

Last edited:
Aww:love:

I apologise for being a nosy killjoy.. Is that syrian always in that cage? If so I recommend an extension :D syrians need a minimum space of 75cm x 45cm and minimum wheel size of 8inches but I wouldn't go less than 10 inches, it's important their backs are straight when running otherwise it can cause spine problems.

The ferplast KIOS is a little smaller at 70x40cm I think, I have one that my dwarf lived in but she's in the Zoozone2 now and that will fit a 12 inch flying saucer but will take up room, it will connect to that cage though. A cheaper option would be a bin cage, just mesh the lid and/or side and use ferplast or savic tubes to attach them :) I think a 32L box fits a 12 inch flying saucer and leaves room for digging substrate :) deep substrate is always good to offer as it's very natural for them to do :)

My syrian is in an Alexander from Zooplus, it was an investment cage as the bar width is small enough for dwarves too. It fits his 12 inch karlie wheel in fine and is a great syrian size. Also the Alaska from Zooplus which is a great price, with that and a 12inch Trixie wheel it comes to about £45 I think :)

Ignore me if I'm barking up the wrong tree and hammy has another cage or something :D

That picture was taken the day we got her, she now has a huge cage as she just keeps growing! Her cage is about double the size of the one in the picture, 2 storey's with tubes and extensions. Was a bargain really, my dad hand made it for me. I'll take some pictures :) She also goes in her ball 2 times a day and runs around the house :)

It went really well, no complications or anything! She has been amazing, they're quite a few weeks old now!

I haven't had chance to post pictures, coz of my jobs. Got loads more of when they were born :)

Last edited:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee!
:shock:
Sorry... :oops: I can't contain it sometimes.... :lol:

Awwwww, ickle baby bunny fluffs... :love::love::love:

Mummy Amber is awesome.xxx (nose rubs for amber.xx)

Thanks for posting... These pics will do just nicely...

for now....

:lol::lol::lol: ;)

Oh don't worry! There will be more, Amber loves everybody that meets her! If you give her attention that is :lol:
She's honestly my little star :love:

omg aw aw aw, I squeed! How cute are they! Amber is beautiful as well!:love::love::love:

One thing I noticed though was that did you use flash when you took the baby photo? I don't *think* you're meant to use flash on young kits as it can affect their eyes or something like that?! Not exactly sure why, but it's something to do with their eyes, like the light is too bright or something!:wave:

No flash was used, was very hard to get pictures though. As the nesting box was in the darkest part of the room, i don't even like using flash on my adult buns. :)

Oh don't worry! There will be more, Amber loves everybody that meets her! If you give her attention that is :lol:
She's honestly my little star :love:

If you weren't so far I'd be popping over for a cuppa and making a right old fuss of Amber (but shhhhh, don't tell Reggie-Roo, he's already in a huff with me for not giving him more pellets, NO, EAT YOUR HAY REGGIE!!! ... Such a tough bunny mum... :lol:;))

Hope all is going well, don't how you're managing to keep up with it all!:shock:

x

They are beautiful, enjoy them whilst they are small... Mine are 8 weeks and it seems like yesterday when they were tiny :love:

Reggie is beautiful! Always smile when I see his gorgeous face :) Amber would just eat Hay and veg if she could! Her pellets only go on a night when she's bored!
And I'm hardly managing atm! Very busy but they all deserve the best care, but they're getting bigger! :lol:

Last edited:
Back