• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Makeshift playpens... Lol added pics :)

Jen2k

Young Bun
Since rabbit proofing whole rooms (25ft long ones to be exact lol) takes so long I've cleared a space and put up a puppy playpen to make an open enclosure, it's a bit of a makeshift though at the moment but I'm putting toys etc into it so they'll have so much fun in a bigger space that they won't notice what the outside is made from... Lol

Strictly supervised but thought it'd be nice as big enough for me to sit in as well so had Bunny climbing over me after I trimmed his nails a little while ago... Will add a couple of pics if anyone would be interested in seeing it :)

lot of work to do on it but its useable at the moment so I can build onto it bit by bit :) they have cages whilst I'm at work but I thought it'd be better bonding time if they were out and about when I'm not working etc :) :love:

Last edited:
Am taking a few right now whilst sitting in the pen haha I feel like a big kid! Lmao! Will upload when done :)

image-16.jpg

The insulation wall at the back needs fixing I know but shows space wise... Bunny was moving around then got camera shy... :roll: :lol:
He's a lop cross lionhead so u can kinda judge the size of the pen by the size of him...

image-17.jpg

I put in a wood shavings "digging box", a pet carrier with hay in it and a litter box to one end...

image-18.jpg

That's Eliot's little bum... :lol:

image-19.jpg

Riley wasn't quite sure what to make of the digging box... Was more interested in crawling over my legs tbh lol :lol:

I know it needs a lot of work but I kinda like it... They had a blast anyways! :)

It's lovely :) very nice.
All I can say is, any sawdust isn't very good for rabbits. Bad for the lungs, can cause chest infections. Also MORE HAY :D

It's lovely :) very nice.
All I can say is, any sawdust isn't very good for rabbits. Bad for the lungs, can cause chest infections. Also MORE HAY :D

Thanks for the advice, they don't live in the playpen it's just a bit of freedom exercise play kinda space for them :) they do have plenty of hay and bedding where they do live tho :)

Back