• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lancashire/Yorkshire rescues...

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
My little Olly bun has just lost his sister Honey and he's feeling sad and lonely :( he is a little disabled as he has a head tilt, so he is a bit nervous too. He needs a small, gentle girl bun to cheer him up. If you have a suitable bunny please let me know x

Just bumping this up a bit. And to add, Olly is neutered and vaccinated, and he would like a girl bun who is 2-4ish. I know I should ring around places but not really up to explaining on the phone at the moment :(

Just bumping this up a bit. And to add, Olly is neutered and vaccinated, and he would like a girl bun who is 2-4ish. I know I should ring around places but not really up to explaining on the phone at the moment :(

I'm sorry to hear about Honey.:(:(

Have a look on Rabbit rehome, I feel certain that there would be a little bunny perfect to be friend for Olly at one of the rescues.

Windwhistle Warren, near to me, does re-home nationwide...............have a peek......you never know.:thumb:

Some of the websites don't seem to work :( I've tried Kay at bunnyhops but she's only got boys. And freshfields animal rescue don't have any single girls either. I am a bit concerned about going too far afield in case the bond doesn't work and they have to go back. I have to bond myself, I can't take Olly anywhere, he'd freak out :(

Some of the websites don't seem to work :( I've tried Kay at bunnyhops but she's only got boys. And freshfields animal rescue don't have any single girls either. I am a bit concerned about going too far afield in case the bond doesn't work and they have to go back. I have to bond myself, I can't take Olly anywhere, he'd freak out :(

Have you tried Tameside rescue? I'm sure Elaine would have a suitable bun there.

Really sorry to hear you lost honey.
Captain Helen on this forum has a rescue in York, not far from me so maybe contact her and she might be able to help. I hope you find another bunny soon.

It needs to be somewhere where they know their buns really well, as Olly needs Somebun very special who will look after him and look out for him. He is losing his confidence on his own :( he is scared very easily. Honey used to be his eyes and ears, as his aren't too good :( she used to sit at the doorway to their house while he slept, bless her :cry:

I am so sorry you have lost Honey :cry:

Spring came from the Society for Abandoned Animals at Sale, Manchester. They are great there, Jordanrose on here volunteers there so you could maybe PM her.

http://www.saarescue.co.uk/rabbits

Or Bunnymadhouse may well have a suitable lady friend at BARC. I have a BARC bunny - they are special.

I hope you are able to find the right friend for Olly.

there is the rspca manchester and salford branch, rochdale branch aswell.

what about bleakholt animal sanctuary? that's very close to you i think??

Really sorry to hear you lost honey.
Captain Helen on this forum has a rescue in York, not far from me so maybe contact her and she might be able to help. I hope you find another bunny soon.

Thank you :wave:

We only have two single females, Laura (5 months) and Cassie (18 months). They'll both be spayed on Wednesday, so not ready for adoption just yet.

Hope you can find the perfect partner for Olly xx

Aww, bless him he sounds a lovely bun . I really hope you find another companion for him. There are lots out there, no other bunny can replace Honey, but hopefully one of them will be suitable.
It is hard for you too, losing a rabbit is really difficult, i've been there, as they are a large part of your family.

do a search in stories and photos and find Mara and Harriet ... they are two shy girls we have in . not spayed yet though but if you were interested in either we could get her done pretty quickly
:wave:

do a search in stories and photos and find Mara and Harriet ... they are two shy girls we have in . not spayed yet though but if you were interested in either we could get her done pretty quickly
:wave:

Thank you, could you give me your number, i might come and meet them x

It would probably be better to find an already neutered bun, as she will need a good few weeks recovery time if not neutered yet. Also forgot to mention that Olly lives indoors, if that makes any difference.

It needs to be somewhere where they know their buns really well, as Olly needs Somebun very special who will look after him and look out for him. He is losing his confidence on his own :( he is scared very easily. Honey used to be his eyes and ears, as his aren't too good :( she used to sit at the doorway to their house while he slept, bless her :cry:

Oh how sweet is that? :cry:
I have a friend who had two bunnies that were each others' eyes and ears. One was a head tilt bun as well and the two were inseparable...two males oddly enough. They were just the right fit for one another.

I really hope you will find somebun that Olly will feel comfortable with and enjoy. I can empathize with partnering a head tilt bunny as Mimzy still has no partner almost a year one since his illness began. :(

All good wishes for that special somebun for Olly soon! ((((((((((((((Olly)))))))))))))))))) xxxx
Thinking of you (((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))) xxxx

Aww thank you x

Oh how sweet is that? :cry:
I have a friend who had two bunnies that were each others' eyes and ears. One was a head tilt bun as well and the two were inseparable...two males oddly enough. They were just the right fit for one another.

I really hope you will find somebun that Olly will feel comfortable with and enjoy. I can empathize with partnering a head tilt bunny as Mimzy still has no partner almost a year one since his illness began. :(

All good wishes for that special somebun for Olly soon! ((((((((((((((Olly)))))))))))))))))) xxxx
Thinking of you (((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))) xxxx

Back