• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pet hoovers and house rabbits

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
Hi there,

My partner and i are having a pet hoovering crisis. We have two house rabbits who insist on moulting and getting hay everywhere, adding to the normal household hoovery bits and our hoovers keep breaking?!

We have tried a variety of hoovers inc an expensive pet vax which broke after 6 months and loads of cheapo ones from supermarkets etc

This morning our argos own brand pet one broke.

Do we replace with another cheapo one given that they clog up with hay and flopsy fur and die

OR

Try and invest in a more expensive one? If we go for a more expensive one which are the better ones people have for house bunny mess?

Thanks

We can't use hoovers for the rabbit fur/hay as it jams, so we scrape it up using our hands or a carpet brush thing :)

Thats why we go through hoovers like anything! :lol::lol:

Do you use the attachment or a special carpet brush?

It's really old, kind of looks like those hoovers that you just push and it doesn't plug into anything :p we also have one that looks like a pet brush but it doesn't pick up as much fur, works better if you do it in circular motions :)

I bought a hoover from Currys and got the Instant Replacement on it, which covers accidental damage, so that if the hoover broke I could get a new one.

Or you could buy a Henry Hoover, those things are pretty indestructible.

We have an Edward hoover now, I think it's part of the Henry hoover range, and it's not got clogged up once. I used to have a dyson ball and I was forever unclogging it, which starting evilly at the sign on the side of it that says it never clogged. :evil:

Edward hoover is great. :wave:

hi we have 2 hoovers the normal dyson and a cordless DC35 it still get clogged every so often but no cables and very very quiet so you can clean up at 11pm at night.

les, bev and the buns

I have a cheap vax cylinder, i just hoover without the extention on my hands and knees. I can tell when it starts to clog because the sound changes so i put my hand over the end and it pulls the clog up! It does ok x

I've got Henrietta and she's great, deals with lots of hay and Doughnut likes her too.:)

I want Henrietta! Its hard to get the OH to hoover enough without a pink hoover, he would prob use the fact its pink as an excuse :roll:

I think it's the best hoover I've had. Maybe get Henry then and then your OH can have fun with him, two boys together! Wonder if that would work for you.

I think it's the best hoover I've had. Maybe get Henry then and then your OH can have fun with him, two boys together! Wonder if that would work for you.

:lol: Like your thinking! If this one packs up i will try that! x

Hi there,

My partner and i are having a pet hoovering crisis. We have two house rabbits who insist on moulting and getting hay everywhere, adding to the normal household hoovery bits and our hoovers keep breaking?!

We have tried a variety of hoovers inc an expensive pet vax which broke after 6 months and loads of cheapo ones from supermarkets etc

This morning our argos own brand pet one broke.

Do we replace with another cheapo one given that they clog up with hay and flopsy fur and die

OR

Try and invest in a more expensive one? If we go for a more expensive one which are the better ones people have for house bunny mess?

Thanks

This is the only post I have read, so apologies if this has already been suggested!

I have the exact same issue regarding house rabbits, poo, hay and fur. I DID have the same problem with cheepo vacuum cleaners too

Until my boyfriend bought me a dyson ball for £250 for my birthday. It is the best present ever. So easy to clean and comes apart easily to clean and hoovers up everything no problem.

This was 4 years ago so they must be alot cheaper now!!!

Worth every penny xxx

on ebay they have special rubber brushes, shaped like a cube use this on any surfice full of pet hair before hoovering, they are great, and then go over with a decent pet hoover, ours is electrolux pet one and very good :wave:

I use an old fashioned dustpan and brush to get the worst bits up and then hoover once a week or so.

I don't have any allergies though, I know some of you do so that obviously wouldn't be enough to deal with hay dust particles.

I have Dyson pet one. I got the ball version but wish I'd got the regular one...you have to empty it loads. It's great though, has a 3 year guarantee.....and even when it's out of the guarantee the service is only 70.....and any replacement parts are included.

I'd never have anything but a Dyson. If you want great value ring their sales department, they often have store returns at a massively reduced price.....there's nothing wrong with them :wave:

They have a Henry Hoover in the scout hut and it's pretty indestructible! We've er... tried and succeeded sucking up a number of different things :oops::lol:

Back