• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I dont even know what time it is...

Hales1092

Warren Scout
Kept hearing huge banging noises in my sleep. Turns out it was Amber stamping her feet on the bottom of her cage! Despite having a duvet and blanket down, it was echoing around the house. Now, she has never stamped her feet, and now she's persistantly banging and breathing heavy. Didn't even come out her cage when I opened it. Which all of this, is so unlike Amber. I've just been sat with her stroking her and everytime I go away? The banging happens :( any idea what could be wrong? Taking into account this behaviour is extremely unlike her? There is nothing in the room that could of scared her, or no weird noises. I gave her a quick once over and there wasn't any signs of illness on the outside of course.

Advice would be appreciated, emergancy vet said it didn't warrent coming out at this time just because I feel she's acting very 'different' and 'strange'.

P.s sorry for spelling, very sleepy!

She could have heard something that frightened her, buns have very sensitive hearing compared to ours.

How are her babies doing? It was her that had a litter recently wasn't it?

Id keep a wee eye on her during the day and if you're still concerned pop to the vet in the afternoon?
Maybe try her with a wee treat just to see if she's still happy enough to eat?

A single pellet or something?

Maybe she heard or saw something while you were asleep and she's still freaked out by it? My Ben will thump whenever he hears/sees something
"bad". If there's a lot of screaming or if our dogs are all barking hysterically he thumps, sometimes he'll thump if he sees a roach etc etc. He doesn't get really freaked out though, I think he just feels he ought to alert everyone.

She was at it all night, and i literally searched the house for anything! And all outside, she was just acting so odd. It was just really strange as she never stamps her feet or ever gets freaked out by noises or people.
Got my partner looking after her all day till i come home tonight just in case she goes a bit loopy again. She is fine this morning, her usual self and the kits must of slept through it all. As they're getting very lively! :')

Just a little update! Amber was fine all day, but when i turned the lights off she started stamping like mad! So whatever scared her last night? Has now made her hate the dark...

Would it be possible to plug in a little night light to help Amber?

A regular indoor bunny boarder who comes to stay here always has to have a night light on.......or else it is thump, thump and more thump!!!

Yeah, already tryna find a spare light that can be kept on all night. Don't really want to keep the main light on all night, as it's far too bright for her. I feel so bad coz she keeps tryna get in bed with me and my OH :(

Be aware that many bunnies can be very crafty at getting their own way!!!!! If you were to let her get onto the bed with you on a regular basis, she would start to expect this every night!!!!

Try a night light....worth a try.:thumb:

Oh she has her ways. Very cute looking when she sits in front of me and looks up at me and tries to climb up! :') She's not allowed in the bedroom, but i sometimes forget to close the door and boom! Amber is there tryna cuddle on the bed. The OH has taken her into the lounge for a cuddle on the sofa before bedtime, and will just have to leave hall light on as we don't have any spare lights to leave on! :(

A bunny in bed sounds blissful... only ever experienced it once with an ill angora x lop house rabbit. He was scared by a fox whilst free ranging in the garden. I took him to bed with me and he slept all cuddled up to me. It was lovely. He totally recovered. Night light sounds a good idea. Best of luck :wave:

I made that mistake with my lionhead bunny a few years back, she would bite and rattle her cage till i took her to bed with me! haha :lol:

& thank you!

Back