• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking a litter trained bun to the vet for an op

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
Hi,

If your bun is litter trained, when you take them to the vet to be castrated, they don't 'forget' how to be litter trained when they're in a different surroundings do they?

So when you bring them back to their familiar house with their normal litter area etc do they just carry on as normal?

Am I just being a twit and overthinking this whole thing as he'll probably only be there a few hours?

Last time he got so scared he peed all over the floor 3 times :(

Thanks

:wave:

IMO he will be fine when he comes home, one of my previous bunnies was in the vets and when he came back it was "business as normal" with the litter box :)
Hope your furbaby is ok :)

On the two occasions Poppy has been in at the vets she has held onto her urine until the moment she got back onto her litter tray:shock: Bless her she must have been desperate but she held on all day (it was one heck of a long wee when she got in though:lol:)

All of my buns have just carried on as usual. In fact when my last boy was neutered it got better straight away as he stopped leaving little puddles everywhere.

One of my girl bunnies wee'd on the vet when she was scared - serves them right for upsetting her :lol:

He may forget for a short while so don't get too stressed out by whatever he may do. My last neutered boy cleaned up almost immediately. You just can't tell.

Thanks everyone, sounds like any accidents will be short-term.

He's such a clean bunny, never so much as done a poo out of place so I expect he'll carry on as normal, but I'll make sure I put down some extra waterproof lining under his blankets just in case.

(He's indoors on carpet so accidents would be a problem!)

Back