• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long journey with rabbits

hoppetylop

Mama Doe
Hi:wave:
This topic may have been covered in the past so sorry if it has.I have to take my buns on car journey for 3 hours,then a vet appt then another 3 hours home on monday week(its a referal)
Im worried about the affect this will have on them and how i can make their ordeal more comfortable and if poss less stressful.:?
Any advise would be very welcome!

when i moved house it was a 3 hour journey, i gave the bunnies a huge nest of hay in their carrier and some forage mixed in and they just snuggled and slept the whole way! i think on long journeys since you are on motorways etc theres less tossing and turning so its not too stressful for them. i didnt keep a water bottle attached in case it leaked but offered it every hour. hope they dont mind the journey too much! :wave:

Thankyou both x
If they dont eat the whole time(you know what bunnies are like:roll: )should they be ok until we are home?It will probably be 6 hours-hopefully no more.
So worried about the stress impact for so long with a sick bun:(

Last edited:
Back