• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly Skye :( *UPDATE-GOOD NEWS!*

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
D75F0905-55BC-410F-8479-0AE202E8B6A2-305-00000023B3253BCE_zps3c81b887.jpg

Just got back from the vets, Skye has 'minor' bloat :( I booked today off work so I could have a nice long weekend as its my birthday tomorrow but Skye had other ideas of how I should spend my day off - worrying about her! Thankfully the vet didn't think it was too serious and gave her 3 injections :shock: and gave me 3 medicines which I have to give her for the next 5 days. I went out and bought some of her fave treats to tempt her and she did show an interest but wouldn't eat anything :( The vet said I should separate them to c if she's pooing but I don't feel right separating them, what do u think? I took Summer to the vets with her to keep them together. It's not really practical to separate them and Skye seems to be taking comfort from Summer so I'd feel awful, I don't want to stress them out any more than they have been already :(

Last edited:
Sending vibes for Skye, and hope she picks up soon. I'd be reluctant to separate them, but can understand why the vet has advised this. :? Could you partition their set-up so that they could still see each other? Hopefully someone more epxert will comment, but I would reckon Skye's droppings would look different if she is coming out of stasis. :?

Sending vibes for Skye, and hope she picks up soon. I'd be reluctant to separate them, but can understand why the vet has advised this. :? Could you partition their set-up so that they could still see each other? Hopefully someone more epxert will comment, but I would reckon Skye's droppings would look different if she is coming out of stasis. :?

Thanks. I wondered about sectioning off the hutch but I don't want either of them getting stressed if they can't get to where they prefer to sit :/ I know why the vet advised but its just a difficult thing. I had noticed some smaller poos recently but they all seemed to be smaller not just some! This had happened a couple of times before but they've snapped out of it and started eating again but today she's not even nibbled on hay :( I hope she starts eating again soon. I think I'll have to cut right down on their veg, they've always had it and never had problems but something must have caused it. I just hope Summer doesn't get it now cos she obviously ate Skye's portion of breakfast today!

sending lots of vibes. i wouldn't separate personally. if you're watching closely alot then you should see if she poops etc. :wave:

Sending get well vibes for Skye. Apparently quite a few buns have been bloated, one Vet said he thought it was the time of year. I wouldn't separate them personally, it might upset them even more.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

Vibes for Skye, you could always leave them tonight and review it again tomorrow if she isn't better, you do really need to check she is pooing tho.

I hope she is better tomorrow and you enjoy your birthday. xx

Update!

Phew I was so relieved to find a bright and beautiful Skye this morning who ran down the pipe for her breakfast as usual! They didn't get as much as normal but she started munching straight away :D There r some noticeably smaller poos in the hutch so I'm pretty confident she's pooing fine too! Not attempted to give her the 3 different medicines yet tho, not looking forward to that :roll: I'm so relieved!!

thats great news! such a good feeling to be overly excited about poos :lol:

:lol: Theirs always disappoint me because they get the exact same diet but Heidi and Dash always have perfect big golden poos and Summer and Skye's are never as impressive :roll: They're not as good at hay eating...

Thank u both, I was so worried yesterday I don't think I could cope with another worry filled day!

Back