• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit savvy vet - Coventry

Shellypops is in Coventry. She's not on here a lot so probably won't see your thread - try sending her a PM.

I dont get to come on RU as often anymore so may have missed what's going on for you, but I use Your Vets in Coventry - have you had a bad experience there? I would just be interested to know. They have an excellent rabbit vet there called Claire and most of the vets are great, but I have had one or two not-so-good consults with some when I haven't been able to see Claire, so I am just interested if you don't mind me asking. :wave:

I dont get to come on RU as often anymore so may have missed what's going on for you, but I use Your Vets in Coventry - have you had a bad experience there? I would just be interested to know. They have an excellent rabbit vet there called Claire and most of the vets are great, but I have had one or two not-so-good consults with some when I haven't been able to see Claire, so I am just interested if you don't mind me asking. :wave:

They advised me that stu didn't need vaccinating because hes an indoor bunny.

I now know differently

They advised me that stu didn't need vaccinating because hes an indoor bunny.

I now know differently

That's terrible :( I'm very sad that you had that experience. It would definitely put me off too.

Can you remember which vet you saw? (PM me if you don't want to say publicly - or no worries if you can't remember). I just have a little mental note of one or two to avoid.

I should counteract that statement also though by saying its a big vets practice and there are several there that are good, and as I say in particular Claire is excellent. I think they have changed as they have got bigger and not necessarily for the better though....

That said they are better than another practice in Coventry which I would not recommend at all.

This experience was 6 years ago and I always believed them. They are vets why would i question it? But now, 6 years later, i find out they were talking cobblers and he should have been done.

I don't know who it was that told me, 6 years is a long time.
But they have moved premises since and probs don't employ that vet anymore do you think?

Ah right with you now, sorry I thought you meant it happened recently. Yeah back then it would have been Pet Vacc Clinic. Sorry for all the questions, was just curious.

Ah right with you now, sorry I thought you meant it happened recently. Yeah back then it would have been Pet Vacc Clinic. Sorry for all the questions, was just curious.

Yes i was....are they a totally different company now?
you think i can trust them?

thanks for your help

As far as I know, yes they are. Your Vets is a chain I think in the West Midlands - they have branches in Nuneaton and Solihull also. When they were Pet Vaccination Clinic it was a very small practice and only 3 or so vets there as far as I could ever tell. Now they seem to have multiple vets. I think Katy Wragg and Katie Lindsey were both at Pet Vacc clinic, but aside from them I believe all the other vets are new?

I've commented on your other thread as I have just seen it, hope it helps. Any more questions feel free to ask. :D

Back