• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch weeping sap?

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Can this happen? I'm being told its from shock cracks from felling of the tree, but hubby is convinsed it smells like wood glue.

I am so stressed the stuff is weeping everywhere. Just got plastered in it and spent an hour tryin to get the stuff off my hands and hair. It's on the inside now as well so buns have had to be moved as I'm worried it will stick in their fur. No idea how I'm going to get it out my clothes. I was so impressed with my new hutch, this has really ruined it. :cry:

that really doesnt sound right ?.. I would contact where you got it from and ask them to investigate and perhaps get your money back... not good at all...

What colour is it? If it's like amber or treacle then it could be sap. I've had something similar before but not in such quantities.

Hubby has left a message after he came home to me in tears. I just wanted the bunnies moved but I couldn't even pick them up because I was so sticky.

I have asked the supplier to include a warning on the instructions and how long it will keep weeping.

Can you take a photo?

It sound like sap, timber is a natural product so this can happen, this would have been present during manufacturing process.
I maybe able to help better once I've seen how bad it is.

Not at the mo as I got it all over me and so far it hasn't weeped again, but I'm scared incase it does. Its right inside the door so when I opened it and put my head in to clean I got it on my clothes, hair everywhere. It was huge blobs of amber stuff and definately looked like sap this time but my god was it sticky.

I googled it on the internet and it said to use mayonaise on my hair and my dad told me to make a scrub with washing up liquid and sugar for my skin, after I phoned him hysterical when I couldn't get the damn stuff off.

I'm going to try surgical spirit on my clothes as also suggested on the internet, they are ruined anyway so its worth a try.

I have no idea how to remove it from things but heard peanut butter was good for getting it out of your hair.

Basically the timber hasn't dried out enough and it will continue to weep to it does dry out, that's if it does dry out.

Back